Current Affairs August 04, 2018
1. SBI ties up with Jio to accelerate digital transaction
- State Bank of India has inked a pack with Reliance Jio infocomm to integrate its digital banking solution Yono with My jio application to boost digital payment.
- Existing Jio customers will get the benefits either by downloading Yono on their handsets or at the time of replacement Cycle.
- The Aim of this tie up is to boost digital payment
- It is a 30:70 Joint Venture between SBI and Reliance.
2. Javed Akhtar received Shalaka Samman, highest honour of Hindi Sahitya Academy
- Javed Akhtar received highest Shalaka Samman for 2017-18 to lyriest and poet Javed Akhtar.
- The award includes a cash reward of Rs 5 Lakh
- The scriptwriter, lyricist and poet has five National Awards for Best Lyricist to his name for works such as border, Refugee and Lagaan.
- The lyricist has also been honoured with the Padma Shri in 1999 and the Padma Bhudhan in 2007. He is also a recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award in Urdu for his collection of poems entitled Lava.
3. Ranchi man develops humanoid robot Rashmi, Indian version of ‘Sophia’
- Ranchi man Ranjit Srivastava,38, has developed Indian version of ‘Sophia,’ a social humanoid robot developed by a Hong Kong based company, named Rashmi which can speak Hindi, Bhojpuri and Marathi along with English
- The developer claimed it as world’s first Hindi speaking realistic humanoid robot and India’s first lip-synching robot.
- Rashmi uses linguistic interpretation (LI), artificial intelligence (AI), visual data and facial recognition systems.
Click below to watch video session of Current Affairs 2-4 August 2018
4. Constitution (123rd amendment) Bill passed in Lok Sabha
- The Lok Sabha passed the Constitution (123rd Amendment) Bill with over two-third majority.
- The Bill was passed superseding the amendments by the Rajya Sabha which seeks to grant constitutional status to the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC). All 406 members present in the House voted in favour of it.
- The Bill gives NCBC powers of civil court while investigating or inquiring into any complaints.
- The Bill mentions that NCBC will comprise of five members appointed by President. Their tenure and conditions of service will also be decided by president through rules.
5. Apple Becomes First U.S. Company to Hit $1 Trillion Value
- Apple became the first U.S.-based company with a market value of $1 trillion, four decades after it was co-founded by Steve Jobs in a Silicon Valley garage and later revolutionized the worlds of computing, music and mobile communications.
- The shares rose 2.9 percent to close at $207.39 in New York
- CEO of Apple Tim cook
6. Sushma Swaraj calls on Kyrgyz president Jeenbekov, discusses bilateral ties
- External Affairs Minster is in Kyrgyzstan for bilateral meeting with her Kazakh External Affairs counterpart.
- They discussed measures to expand and reinvigorate India's ties with central Asian Country Counterpart.
Crack SBI Clerk 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!