Current Affairs December 01, 2017
1. MoU between India and Italy in health sector:
- India an d Italy have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for increasing bilateral cooperation in health sector.
- There will be exchange and training of doctors, officials, healthcare professionals and experts.
- Mou also provides for short term training of human resources in health to upgrade the material and infrastructural resources involved in the health care, medical education and training.
2. India- Singapore signs Bilateral Agreement for Naval Cooperation:
- India and Singapore have signed a Bilateral Agreement for Naval Cooperation to provide logistical support to the Indian Navy ships at the Singapore’s Changi Naval Base located near the disputed South China Sea.
- The agreement will allow the refuellingand restocking of the Indian ships at Singapore’s Naval Base.
3. Clean Sea 2017:
- The Indian Coast Guard has recently conducted a Regional Level Marine Oil Pollution Response Exercise- ‘Clean Sea 2017’ at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- The exercise aims to tackle the disaster of Oil Spills according to the provisions mentioned in National Oil Spill Disaster Contingency Plan.
4. 1st December: World AIDS Day:
- With an aim to spread awareness about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrom (AIDS), the World Aids Day is celebrated every year on 1st December across the Globe.
- The theme for this year is- ‘Right to Health’.
5. Ajeya Warrior 2017: India-UK combined Military Exercise:
- Indo-UK combined Military Exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior 2017’ was recently started in Rajasthan.
- It was the third joint military exercise between the two countries.
- The 14 day long exercise aims to increase the mutual cooperation and coordination between the two countries.
6. North Korea tests Hwasong-15:
- North Korea has successfully test fired Hwasong-15 which is nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
- It is North Korea’s most powerful ICBM.
7. PM inaugurates HT Leadership Summit in New Delhi:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi has inaugurated the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit in New Delhi.
- Former US President Barack Obama and Afghanistan’s Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah will also address the 2-day long summit.
8. HEFA approves projects of over 2000 crore rupees for six higher education institutions:
- Higher Education Funding Agency (HEFA) has given approval for projects worth 2000 crore rupees for improving the research infrastructure of six higher educational institutions.
- These institutes are- IITs Bombay, Madras, Delhi, Kharagpur, Kanpur and NIT Suratkal.
9. First Sikh woman elected as Mayor in US:
- PreetDidbal has been elected as the Mayor of Yuba city in California. With this she has become the first Sikh woman to achieve the position in US.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!