1. Babita Rayudu takes charge as SEBI Executive Director.
- G Babita Rayudu took charge as its executive director. Rayudu will handle the legal affairs department, enforcement department, and special enforcement cell.
- She was in the legal affairs department in the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- According to its website, SEBI has eight other executive directors.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the Regulator for the Securities market in India owned by the Government of India.
Founded: 12 April 1992
2. Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM assumes charge as Air Officer-in-Charge Administration of Indian Air Force.
- Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM takes over Air Officer-in-Charge Administration of Indian Air Force effect from 01 Jan 2020. Air Marshal MSG Menon VSM commissioned in the Administrative branch of IAF in Dec 1982.
- He has undergone Higher Air Command Course from the College of Air Warfare. He is an alumnus of Defence Services Staff College Wellington and the prestigious National Defence College.
- He was a member of the first UN Mission to Sudan. He served as the Commandant of the prestigious Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore, and Principal Director Ops (Air Traffic Services).
3. Sai Deepak sets new Guinness World Records for most side lunges.
- B Sai Deepak set a Guinness World Records for most side lunges in 60 seconds. Deepak scripted the record by making 59 side lunges in 60 seconds, which is his fourth overall Guinness World Records.
- The previous record held by Pakistan national Irfan Mehsood. The 23-year-old dedicated his achievement to the martyrs. Currently, he holds four Guinness World Records for India.
About Guinness World Records
Guinness World Records known from its inception in 1955 until 2000 as the Guinness Book of Records.
Publisher: Jim Pattison Group
4. VK Yadav take charges as Railway Board Chairman for one more year.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the re-employment of V K Yadav as the Chairman of Railway Board for one year.
- Yadav took charge as Railway Board Chairman from Ashwani Lohani retired from the post in December 2018.
- Yadav earlier held the post of General Manager of South Central Railway (SCR). He is an electrical engineer and belongs to the 1980 batch of the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
Minister of Railways: Piyush Goyal
5. RBI launches mobile app 'MANI' for visually challenged to identify denomination of currency notes.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das launched a mobile app to help visually impaired people to identify the denomination of currency notes. The visually challenged people can identify the denomination of a currency note by using the mobile app. The application works offline once installed.
- The users can freely download the app, called 'MANI' (Mobile Aided Note Identifier), from Android Playstore or iOS App Store. The application can scan the currency notes using the camera of the mobile phone. It also gives audio output in Hindi and English.
Founded: 01 Apr 1935
Headquarters: Mumbai, India
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates Five DRDO Young Scientists Laboratories to the nation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates Five DRDO Young Scientists Laboratories to the nation. The event shall be organized at the Aeronautical Development Establishment DRDO at Bengaluru. Prime Minister unveiled a plaque to mark the dedication and address the Scientists.
- DRDO will also showcase some of its innovative products to the Prime Minister at an Exhibition on occasion. Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa and DRDO Chairman Dr. G Satheesh Reddy will present on occasion.
- The defence research-related activities ensure that India remains abreast of global technological advancements in the field.
7. Kerala CM launches K-RERA to bring transparency in the real estate sector.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the Kerala Real Estate Regulatory Authority. The main aim to boost the confidence of customers and bring in more transparency in the real estate sector; the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) will be more transparency and credibility.
- Kerala Chief Minister's real-estate sector tremendous growth in the country in the last decade passed by the Parliament, the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016, had directed the state governments to establish RERA for effective regulation of the real sector and for speedy dispute redressal.
- The buildings with more than eight apartments and real estate projects with 500 square meters of land or more will have to register with RERA.
Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
8. Indian Railway announces one integrated Helpline number 139.
- The Indian Railways made to overcome the inconvenience over multiple helpline numbers for grievances and inquiry during railway travel, Indian Railway integrated railway helplines into single number 139 for the passengers for quick grievance redressal and inquiry during their journey.
- The new helpline number 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers (except 182), it will be easy for the passengers to remember this number and connect with Railways for all their needs during the travel.
Minister of Railways: Piyush Goyal
9. DMRC awards first civil contract for Tughlakabad Aerocity corridor.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) awarded the first civil contract for the Tughlakabad-Aerocity corridor of its Phase 4 project. The first civil contract for the Tughlakabad the Aerocity corridor of Phase 4 awarded.
- This contract involves the construction of Metro viaduct from Sangam Vihar to Saket G including four elevated Metro stations - Sangam Vihar, Khanpur-Davoli, Ambedkar Nagar and Saket-G. The section will be a double-decker viaduct include as well as an elevated six-lane flyover from Sangam Vihar to Ambedkar Nagar.
- Union Cabinet approved three out of the six proposed corridors of Delhi Metro's Phase 4 project namely RK Ashram to Janakpuri West (25 stations), Tughlakabad to Aerocity (15 stations) and Maujpur to Mukundpur (six stations). The three priority corridors consist of both underground (22.359 kilometers) and elevated (39.320 kilometers) sections. The total length of these three corridors is 61.679 kilometers.
10. ISRO to set up the second launch port in Thoothukodi district.
- Indian Space Research Organisation establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamilnadu exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles. ISRO Chairman K Sivan informed that this would come up in 2300 acres.
- The line of GPS navigation system developed by America, the Indian navigation system called Navic with the indigenous atomic clock, will be operational with mobile phone manufacturers coming forward to install the regional navigation device.
- India’s first human-crewed mission to outer space Gaganyaan and four men selected from Indian Air Force will leave for Russia in the third week of January to get training. The Gaganyaan mission targeted to launch by 2022.
Chairman: K Sivan