1. Union HRD Minister and Union Minister for Food Processing Industries launch three books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched three books on Guru Nanak Dev Ji at Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College, University of Delhi today on the occasion of 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
- The National Book Trust under Ministry of HRD has published three Punjabi titles – Guru Nanak Bani, Nanak Bani, and Sakhian Guru Nanak Dev to spread the message of Guru Nanak Dev. The title Guru Nanak Bani has also been published in Urdu, Odia, Marathi, Hindi and Gujarati were also released on the occasion. The translation in Assamese, Bangla, Kannada, Sanskrit, Kashmiri, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Sindhi and English has been taken up.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, passed a Resolution in November 2018, to celebrate the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the year 2019, throughout the country and across the globe, in a grand and befitting manner along with State Governments and the Indian Missions abroad.
1. Human Resource Development Minister: Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal
2. Minister for Food Processing Industries: Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal
2. IIT-B's Sunita Sarawagi, G Mugesh of IISc-Bengaluru among Infosys prize winners
- The Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) announced the winners of the 11th edition of the Infosys Prize 2019 in six categories — Engineering and Computer Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social Sciences. The prize for each category comprises a pure gold medal, a citation and a prize purse of $100,000 this year.
- In 2009, Nobel Prize winner Abhijit Banerjee won the Infosys Prize in its first year in 2009 for social sciences-economics for his contributions to the economic theory of development as well as his work in the empirical evaluation of public policy.
- This year, the prize received 196 nominations.
3. 19th IORA Council of Ministers Meeting on 7 November 2019 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE), as the incoming IORA Chair, will host the 19th IORA Council of Ministers (COM) Meeting on 7 November 2019 in Abu Dhabi under the theme of “Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean”.
- At the COM, the UAE will assume the Chairship of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) for the period 2019-2021. The Chairship passes from the Republic of South Africa, which has been IORA Chair for the period 2017-2019.
- The People’s Republic of Bangladesh will assume the position of Vice Chair of IORA (also for 2019-2021), and form part of the Troika along with the UAE (as incoming Chair) and South Africa (as past Chair).
About United Arab Emirates
1.Capital: Abu Dhabi
2. Currency: United Arab Emirates Dirham
2.Currency: Bangladeshi Taka
3. Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
4. India, Indonesia hold Joint Naval Exercise "Samudra Shakti" In Bay Of Bengal
- India is jointly exercising its anti-submarine warfare corvette INS Kamorta along with Indonesian warship KRI Usman Harun, a multi-role corvette, in the Bay of Bengal as part of an ongoing bilateral exercise ''Samudra Shakti''.
- The joint exercise include, manoeuvres, surface warfare exercises, air defense exercises, weapon firing drills, helicopter operations and boarding operations.
- "INS Kamorta, an anti-submarine warfare corvette, is jointly exercising with Indonesian warship KRI Usman Harun, a multi-role corvette in the Bay of Bengal as part of the ongoing Indian Navy-Indonesian Navy bilateral exercise ''Samudra Shakti'' from November 6-7," the Indian Navy said in a statement.
Currency: Indonesian rupiah
5. Goa: Indian Coast Guard conducted ReSAREX-2019
- The Indian Coast Guard conducted the Regional level Search and Rescue Workshop and Exercise - 2019 (ReSAREX - 2019) here to check the preparedness and response measures for search and rescue at sea in a coordinated manner.
- The ReSAREX - 19 tested the efficiency of operations of various SAR agencies in Goa. Five ICG Ships, Dornier aircraft, two Chetak helicopters besides resoucres from other resource agencies like Captain of port, State Marine Police, Indian Mission Control Centre (INMCC) Bangaluru, Goa state administration, Goa Medical College and Marmugao Port Trust participated in this workshop cum exercise.
6. India is the 3rd Biggest Startup Hub in the World – NASSCOM
- The NASSCOM report on Indian Tech Start-Up Ecosystem said that India continues to the third largest start-up ecosystem after China and US. India has added more than 1300 tech start-ups in 2019 according to the report.
- Between January to September in 2019, there were 8900 to 9300 startups as compared to 7700-8200 a year ago.
- NASSCOM is National Association of Software and Services Companies. It is a non-profit trade association of Indian IT and BPO industries.
Chairperson: Rishad Premji
Headquarters location: New Delhi
Founded: 1 March 1988
Founders: Dewang Mehta, Nandan Nilekani
7. Khadi gets separate unique HS code, export to get a boost
- Khadi has once again come out of its customary veil, marking its presence in the exclusive HS code bracket, issued by the central government on 4th Nov'19 to categorize its products in export. In a long-awaited move to make export of Khadi, exclusively categorized from the general league of textile products, the ministry of commerce and industries has allocated separate HS code for this signature fabric of India this week.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena said that this decision of government will open a new chapter in the field of Khadi export. Earlier, Khadi did not have its exclusive HS code. As a result, all the data regarding export of this signature fabric used to come as a normal fabric under the textile head.
- Now, we will be able to keep a constant eye not only on our export figures, but it will also help us in planning our export strategies.
About Khadi and Village Industries Commission
1. Founded: 1956
2. Purpose: To plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries
3. Headquarters: Mumbai
4. Agency executive: Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairperson)
8. Rohit Sharma became the first Indian cricketer to play 100 T20 International cricket matches.
- Rohit Sharma has achieved another feat during India vs Bangladesh 2nd T20I match. He gave an important victory gift in his 100th T20 International match at Saurashtra Cricket Stadium in Rajkot. India defeated Bangladesh by eight wickets thanks to Rohit's 85 runs.
- Rohit Sharma has also made many records during the match. Rohit Sharma became the first Indian cricketer to play 100 T20 International cricket matches. Rohit achieved this feat while leading the team during the second T20 International against Bangladesh at Rajkot.
9. Kalapani an integral part: Nepal objects inclusion of unresolved territory as part of India in new maps
- A few days after India redrew the political map of Jammu and Kashmir after scrapping Article 370, the Nepal government strongly objected to the inclusion of 'Kalapani' under the Indian Territory.
- In the new political maps released by India, Pakistan-occupied Kashmir is part of the newly created Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir while Gilgit-Baltistan is in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- However, the Nepal government made it clear that Kalapani is an integral part of the country and that talks are still on between New Delhi and Kathmandu over this "unresolved" area.
1. Capital: Kathmandu
2. Currency: Nepalese rupee
3. Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
10. Rajasthan Patrika group chairman Gulab Kothari to be awarded Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award by PCI
- Rajasthan Patrika group chairman Gulab Kothari has been chosen for the prestigious Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award, presented by the Press Council of India, for his outstanding contribution towards journalism, the council announced.
- The award will be presented on November 16 on the occasion of the National Press Day.
- In a statement, the Press Council of India (PCI) also announced other winners of the National Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2019. Sanjay Saini, Correspondent, Dainik Bhaskar, Mandi, and Raj Chengappa, Group Editorial Director, India Today, have been jointly named as winners of the award in the category of 'Rural Journalism'.
About Press Council of India
1. Headquarters: New Delhi
2. Chairman: Justice Chandramauli Kumar Prasad
1. Capital: Jaipur
2. Governor: Kalraj Mishra
3. Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
Read More :