Common Eligibility Test (CET) for All Govt Jobs: Conducted By NRA
Union Cabinet has provided approval for the conduction of the computer-based exam Common Eligibility Test for all central government jobs by the National Recruitment Agency. This will reduce the expenses spent on different examinations for the recruitment process. The Union Minister Mr. Prakash Javedkar announced the set of NRA to conduct a CET common entrance test.
CET is only a single online CET that is conducted by NRA National Recruitment agency for. Currently, Govt job seekers appear for multiple examinations conducted by multiple agencies and Candidates pay repetitive fees, travel great distances to recruitment centers, several times a year. NRA will remove these pain points with a common admission test for the Tier 1/Phase-1 exam for multiple govt jobs.
1. Initially, the NRA to conduct CET twice a year.
2. Separate CET to be conducted for three levels -
- Higher Secondary (12th)
- Matriculate (1Oth pass)
5. CET to be conducted in multiple Indian languages (12 Languages).
6. Based on CET score, the final selection to be made through separate specialized Tier 2/Tier 3 examinations conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
7. CET score of a candidate will be valid for 3 years and the best available score for 3 years will be the current score.
8. No restriction on the number of attempts by the candidate.