Scoring Topics of Quantitative Aptitude For SBI Clerk 2020

photo

Scoring Topics of Quantitative Aptitude For SBI Clerk 2020 

The Quantitative Aptitude section generally consists of 35 questions and the questions given in the bank examination are related to some of the important topics from the bank exam syllabus. 

In the recent world, around 75% of questions can be easily solved in quantitative aptitude topics but the aim of the IBPS preparation should be to score the remaining 25% which will take you near to the finish line of merit list. If this is done, then definitely it is the most helpful tool to fetch good marks to crack this section.

The bank exam syllabus contains the following topics in the Quantitative Aptitude section like –

  • Number series
  • Decimal fractions
  • Time, Speed and Distance
  • Boat and Stream
  • Allegations
  • Averages
  • Simple interest and Compound interest
  • Simplification
  • Problems based on trains
  • Profit or Loss
  • Percentage
  • Ages

Weightage of questions in SBI Clerk examinations

In the quantitative aptitude section, there are 35 questions in prelims and 40-45 questions in mains examinations.

Prelims

Simplification  8-12
Number series 5
Quadratic equations 3-5
Data interpretation 5-10
Word problems 8-10


Mains

Data interpretation  15-20
Data sufficiency   5
Quantity based questions 3-5
Word problems 8-10


In word problem, there are questions from Average, Ratio and proportion, Ages, Percentage, CI and SI, Time speed and distance, Time and Work, Trains, etc.
some key points to be remembered during the preparations of examinations:

The total aptitude questions generated in exams are definite and the number of questions on some essential topics also definite (discussed above). So, tie a knot to achieve a very good command on those topics to secure your minimum 20-25 marks out of total 35 questions.

  • Start from simplification.
  • Proceed towards Data Interpretation. As told earlier, this is literally a very strong zone. You can score higher in this particular topic.
  • Pick Inequality as your third chapter and then number series.
  • After this, clear the concepts from each individual topic found in the miscellaneous category.
  • Figure out the Quantitative Aptitude short tricks to solve the questions rather than approaching the traditional long methods. This will save a lot of time which a must for competitive exams.
  • If you find difficult to understand the quick magical tricks, then understand the basics first, and then try to solve with tricks. Learn the squares of numbers till 50 and cubes till 20 to speed your calculations.
  • As and when you clear your basics on a topic, pick the separate practice sheet of that particular topic only (topic wise sheets we mean) and solve every question. This will clear all your doubts from every angle.
  • Give at least 5-6 months to strongly prepare yourself for the bank examinations. During this period, you can cover each topic nicely and achieve command on this subject. Less time does not let you to practice sufficiently and promotes stress among students which only and only negates their marks.
  • Don’t forget to join test series. Either joins some institute or give online test from your home, the choice is yours. You can win 80% victory in your hand just by taking test series only https://www.makemyexam.in/exam-prep
  • Practice regularly and avoid guesswork. Try mock test papers for quantitative aptitude from online makemyexam.
  • Check IBPS Quantitative Aptitude previous year question papers and observe the kind of questions asked there. Solve them actively.
  • Make my exam is providing you with Daily Quizzes on topics with latest pattern questions.

Hope it helps you with your preparation.

Click Here to know detailed Exam Analysis of SBI Clerk 2020 Exam.

6 likes | 2 comments
Like Comment Share
IBT's Classroom Study Material
Bank & SSC All Exam

200+ hours Classes I Class Assignments

Classes by IBT Experts

Buy Now
arrow