How to prepare English Section for SSC CGL 2019 Tier-I exam?
Since SSC CGL exam is approaching, it is high time to prepare for the same. You have the great opportunity to qualify this exam and get the lucrative job. Among all the sections in the SSC CGL exam, English is the most crucial one. To achieve the sectional cutoff of this section is not a cakewalk. Therefore, you have to possess the strong determination for qualifying this exam.
Here are some important tips which must be followed by SSC CGL aspirants:
- To develop the comprehensive understanding of English, you ought to evolve the habit of listening and reading. Listening is the method which helps learning a language in natural way and hence, assists you develop the deep understanding of English subconsciously. You just have to flood your brain with this language so that you can use your knowledge whenever it is needed. For this you can watch TED TALKS, You Tube videos, etc. It’s better if they are watched with subtitles.
- To know the grammar rules is equally important. Reading is the only method by which understanding of grammar rules can be improved. After comprehending the grammar rules, attempting English section will not be a big deal. You can read anything in your area of interest from a good writing source like standard English newspapers or novels etc. You can answer every question in exam if you read newspaper on daily basis. Be it Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled Sentences, Reading Comprehension anything.
- As newspapers comprise almost all the knowledge on national and international issues, hence, you will also be prepared for questions regarding current affairs. Students who have cleared this exam tell that they had developed the habit of reading newspaper. Therefore, it is recommended that you make it a part of your routine and read for at least 30-60 minutes a day.
- Practice is something which cannot be skipped if you are preparing for SSC CGL exam. Practice Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Sentence Jumbles, Sentence Matching every day. By practicing you’ll get better day by day and there will be no chance of committing mistakes in the exam.
- Try to add a few new words to your vocabulary every day. Also try to learn idioms. These will help you answer the questions like Fill in the Blanks, Antonyms-Synonyms, Misspelled Words. For practice you can go for Mock Tests. Basically, the idea is getting habituated to answering the questions in minimum possible time.
With all that given above, it is also important to be aware of the pattern of English section. Out of 100 questions, 25 questions will be of English Language. These 25 questions will be divided as mentioned below:
|Fill in the Blanks||2|
|One Word Substitution||2|
|Comprehension (Cloze Test)||2|
Sometimes, difficult questions appear in the starting to make you anxious; don’t get nervous while attempting the questions. So, the most valuable tip to qualify an exam is to keep composure while answering the questions as nervousness can reduce your efficiency. Hopefully, you will prepare well and give your best in the exam.
“You Can and You Will”
Click Here to know detailed Exam Analysis of SSC CGL 2020 Exam.