Current Affairs September 9, 2017
1. India imposes countervailing duty on Chinese steel products:
- In order to protect its domestic industries from cheap subsidized imports, Union finance Ministry on the recommendations of Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) has imposed countervailing duty on certain Chinese steel products for a period of five years.
- It is a duty which is imposed on certain goods to prevent dumping or counter export subsidies in order to protect the domestic players.
2. Government issues rules for no-fly list:
- In order to tackle on-board disruptive and uncivilized behavior by the passengers, the Civil Aviation Ministry has issued certain rules for no-fly list.
- Under the Tokyo Convention of 1963, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has changed section-3 of the Civil Aviation Requirement (CAR) that deals with handling unruly passengers.
- The revised CAR will be applicable to all the Indian operators engaged in scheduled and non-scheduled air transport services, both domestic and international.Foreign carriers will also come under the ambit of this.
- The revised CAR defines three categories of the unruly behavior:
- Level 1: Unruly verbal behavior, ban up to 3 months.
- Level 2: Physical unruliness, ban up to 6 months
- Level 3: Life threatening behavior, ban up to 2 years or more
3. Bharat Petroleum to get Maharatna status:
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) is all set to become a Maharatna company soon. The decision was taken by a panel headed by the Cabinet Secretary to enable the company to expand its operation both in India and in abroad. Currently the company has Navratna status.
- With this decision, BPCL will become the 8th Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) to be accorded with the Maharatna status.
- Maharatna companies:
- The Maharatna Category for CPSEs was introduced in 2009 to enable them to expand their operations and to emerge as Global Giants. At present there are 7 Maharatna companies:
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL), Coal India (CIL), GAIL India, Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Steel Authority of India (SAIL).
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 8 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. Government extends FAME India Scheme by six months:
- With an aim to promote electric and hybrid vehicles, the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise has extended the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (FAME) India scheme for a period of 6 months.
- Phase-1 of the scheme was started from April 2015 to March 2017. Now it has been extended till March 31, 2018.
FAME India Scheme:
- The sheme was launched under National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) in 2015 with an aim to promote eco-friendly vehicles in the country by providing fiscal and monetary incentives.
5. Army to induct women in Military Police:
- The Indian Army has prepared a plan to induct women in Military Police. Under this plan 800 women will be inducted initially and this move will help in investigating the allegations of gender specific crimes.
- Currently women are allowed in selected areas such as medical, educational, legal and engineering wing of the Army.
6. MoU for the development of Ground water flow models:
- The Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Science (IIS) for the development of ground water flow models in Karnataka.
- The plan will help in better understanding of the existing groundwater issues by data analysis, hydrogeological setting, sensitivity analysis and the response of groundwater system to different scenarios and block wise management plans.
Central Ground Water Board (CGWB):
- It is an organization under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation established to develop technologies and monitor national policies related to ground water resources of India.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 8 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!