Current Affairs September 6, 2017
1. Jharkhand Governor gives assent to Religious Freedom Bill, 2017:
- The bill seeks to prevent forceful conversion and with the Governor’s assent, Jharkhand has become the seventh state in the country to have anti-conversion law.
- The other six states are: Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
- After the Jharkhand State Government will issue a notification on the bill, forceful or allurement based religious conversion will become a non-bailable offence. The violation of this provision will result in imprisonment upto 3 years or Rs 50,000 penalty or both.
2. 9th BRICS summit held in Xiamen, China:
- With the theme- ‘Stronger Partnership for Brighter Future’, the 9th edition of BRICS summit was held in Xiamen, China.
- China has hosted the summit for the second time, first time in 2011.
- Four documents were signed during the summit:
- Strategic Framework for Custom Cooperation
- Action Plan for Innovation Cooperation
- Economic and Trade Cooperation
- MoU between BRICS Business Council and New Development Bank on strategic cooperation
- Xiamen Declaration was adopted by the leaders at the end of summit:
- BRICS members have agreed for comprehensive partnership with emerging markets with flexible trade practices and cooperation with non BRICS countries through BRICS Plus Cooperation. These countries are: Thailand, Mexico, Egypt, Kenya and Kajikistan.
- There was also a consensus on the establishment ofBRICS local currency bond markets.
- Apart from focusing on counter-terrorism coalition, the member nations also discussed other crucial agendas like research, development and innovation in the field of Information, Communication and Technology, effective use of fossil fuels and cooperation on energy.
3. HDFC bank listed in Domestic Systemically Important Banks:
- HDFC, the second largest private sector lender of the country has been listed in Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs) by the Reserve Bank of India.
- It is the third bank of the country to find a place in the list after SBI and ICICI.
Domestic Systemically Important Banks:
- Considered as ‘Too Big To Fail’, these banks are identified by the Central bank of a country. They are perceived as the big banks of the country and the economy is dependent upon them.
4. National Nutrition Strategy launched by NITI Aayog:
- With the aim of KuposhanMukt Bharat, the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has launched the National Nutrition Strategy which will bring nutrition in the National Development Agenda.
- In India, almost 20% children suffer from under-nutrition.
- National Nutrition Strategy will try to combine four determinants of nutrition i.e. uptake of health services, food, drinking water & sanitation and income & livelihood.
- It aims to link KuposhanMukt Bharat with Swachh Bharat and Swasth Bharat.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 5 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
5. China bans Initial Coin Offering:
- The People’s bank of China and the Central Bank of China has prohibited individuals and organisations from raising funds through Initial Coin Offering stating that this can result in illegal fund raising.
Initial Coin Offering (ICO) :
- It is an unregulated way of crowd funding for projects through using virtual currencies like Bitcoins, DASH, Litecoin, Z-cash etc which allows enterpreneursto create their own digital currencies and selling coins under ICO route allowing them to raise millions of dollars in a very short span of time.
6. PM’s first bilateral visit to Myanmar:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi has reached Myanmar on his first bilateral visit to the heritage city of Bagan where he will hold talks with the State CounsellorAung San Suukyi.
- The two leaders will discuss key issues like cooperation in security and counter-terrorism, trade and investment, infrastructure, energy and culture.
7. Health Ministry launches two new contraceptives:
- Under the Mission ParivarVikas, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched two new contraceptives Antara and Chayya in the ten states.
- These ten states are: Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Haryana, West Bengal, Odisha, Delhi and Goa.
- Antara is an injectable contraceptive whereas Chayya is a contraceptive pill.
Mission Parivar Vikas:
- Launched by the Ministry of Health and family Welfare, the mission aims to provide access to high quality family planning choices to bring down Total Fertility Rate.
8. Lucknow Metro inaugurated:
- The much awaited lucknow Metro has been inaugurated. It will be open for the public through a stretch of 8.5 kms from Transport nagar to Charbagh.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 5 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!