Current Affairs September 28, 2017
1. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Afghanistan on Police Training and Development:
- The Union Cabinet has approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Afghanistan to provide technical cooperation on Police training and development.
- TheMoU will improve the security of the region by providing help in capacity building of Afghanistan National Police.
- The MoU has been signed for a period of 5 years which can be further extended for another 5 years .
2. Cabinet approval for the Umbrella scheme of modernization of Police Forces:
- Keeping in mind the law & order of the country, need to modernize the poilce forces and to effectively fight against terrorism, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has given its approval to implement the umbrella scheme for the modernization of Police Forces.
- The Government is going to spend Rs.25,060crore in its biggest ever internal security scheme.
- The scheme will cover internal security, law and order, modern weapons, mobility of police forces, women security, CCTNS project, forensic laboratories and integration of Police Stations etc.
- The scheme will be highly beneficial to solve the security issues in Jammu &Kashmir, North-East and the states affected with Left Wing Extremism.
3. India ranks 40th in the Global Competitiveness Index 2017:
- India has secured 40th place among 137 countries in the 2017 Global Competitiveness Index report released by the World Economic Forum (WEF). Previously India secured 39th spot.
- Switzerland has secured the top position followed by US, Singapore, Netherlands and Germany.
- World Economic Forum (WEF):
- It is a Geneva based non-profit organization which is committed to improve the state of the world by considering certain parameters such as institutions, infrastructure, health, primary education, finance and technology etc.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 27 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. Kandla Port renamed as Deendayal Port:
- The Union Ministry of Shipping has renamed Kandla Port as Deendayal Port by exercising its powers under Indian Ports Act, 1908.
- Kandla Port is one of the 12 major ports of the country situated on the Gulf of Kutch in Gujarat.
- It is the largest port of India in terms of volume of cargo handled.
- Constructed in 1950s, Kandla Port has created history in 2016 by becoming first major port in the country to cross 100 million tonnes freight handling capacity.
5. Cabinet approves Bilateral Investment Treaty between India and Belarus:
- The Union Cabinet has approved signing and ratification of a Bilateral Investment Treaty between India and Belarus in oil and gas sector.
- The treaty will enhance the investment flow between the two countries and will be very crucial in providing job opportunities.
- Under the MoU, both the countries will cooperate in the areas of upstream and downstream activities, enhanced oil recovery and technology transfer.
6. 27th September: World Tourism Day:
- With an aim to enhance the awareness among the international community towards the importance of social, cultural, political and economic aspects of tourism, the World Tourism day is celebrated each year on 27th September.
- This year’s theme was- “Sustainable Tourism- a tool for development”.
- The World Tourism day marks the adaptation of the statutes of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
|CLICK HERE TO READ 27 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!