Current Affairs September 27, 2017
1. Government launches Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt System:
- Under its ambitious Digital India Mission, the Union Government (Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution) has launched web portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) and Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR).
- These initiatives have been taken to simplify the Warehouse Registration rules and digitalizing the entire process of registration.
Negotiable Warehouse Receipts:
- These are the receipts issued by warehouses to the depositors against commodities deposited in warehouses for which the warehouse is bailee.
2. Government launches DivyangSarathi Mobile app:
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched DivyangSarathi- A comprehensive mobile application that aims to empower ‘Divyangjans’ by providing them easy and convenient access to information related to schemes, scholarships, jobs etc.
- The app is an integral part of Accessible India Campaign and it has a unique text-to-voice conversation software which can convert the written information into the audio files.
- The app has been developed bilingually i.e. in Hindi and English.
3. Union Government launches PENCIL Portal:
- With an aim to eradicate child labour from the society, the Union Ministry of Labour and Empowerment has launched Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour (PENCIL) Portal at National Conference on Child Labour.
- The Portal aims to create cooperation and coordination among Centre and State Governments, Civil Society and general public to achieve its pre-determined targets.
- The Portal contains various components- Complaint corner, Child Tracking System and National Child Labour Project. A District Nodal Officer (DNO) will be nominated in each district who will receive the complaint and if the complaint is genuine then DNO will take the necessary rescue measures in coordination with the police.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 26 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. BSF launches Operation Arjun to target Pakistan:
- Border Security Force (BSF) has launched Operation Arjuntargeting the farms, ISI residences and Army officers near the Indian border.
- BSF has taken this step to give a strong response to Pakistan’s tactic of firing on civilians, shelling villages along the border and use of snipers to kill the jawans.
5. ICC announces new Cricket rules:
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced some major changes in the existing format of the game which will be implemented from 28th September.
These new rules are:
- The thickness of the edges of the bat can not exceed 40 mm and the overall depth can be 67 mm at the most.
- A player can now be sent off the field for the remaining match for any serious misconduct.
- A deliberate front-foot no ball will disqualify the bowler for the rest of the innings.
- Team will not lose a review if the decision remains unchanged on the basis of Umpire’s call. There will be no top-up reviews after 80 overs in test matches. DRS will now also be allowed in T20s.
- While taking a catch, fielder must either be grounded within the boundary or his last contact with the ground before first touching the ball must have been within the boundary.
6. Vision 2025 project launched in Karnataka:
- Karnataka Government has launched Vision 2025 project to formulate a new draft policy for the development of the state in the next seven years by seeking public opinion.
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah also launched the website ‘www.navakarnataka2025.in’.
7. New underground water treatment plant commissioned in Agartala:
- In order to provide contamination free drinking water, a new underground water treatment plant has been commissioned at Sadhutilla in the southern part of Agartala, Tripura.
- The projected will be jointly funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Union Government with 70% and 30% share respectively.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 26 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!