Current Affairs September 24&25, 2017
1. Government launches Pt. DeenDayalUpadhyayaVigyan Gram SankulPariyojna in Uttarakhand:
- With an aim to promote sustainable development in Uttarakhand through cluster approach, the Ministry of science and Technology has launched Pt. DeenDayalUpadhyayaVigyan Gram SankulPariyojnathrough the implementation of Science and technology.
- Under the scheme, the Department of Science and Technology will adopt few clusters of villages in the state with an aim to transform them into self-sustainable units by utilizing the local resources and skills alongwith the application of Science and Technology. This will result in the value addition of the local produce which will help in sustaining rural population.
- These clusters will process and add value to horticulture and local crops, milk, honey, tea, forest produce, medicinal plants, traditional craft and handlooms.
- The scheme will also promote agro-based cottage industry and animal husbandry in an eco-friendly manner while providing sustainable employment and livelihood options within the clusters of these villages.
2. Government launches PradhanMantri LPG Panchayat Scheme:
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has launched PradhanMantri LPG Panchayat Scheme to replace conventional fuel with the LPG connections in the rural areas.
- The scheme will provide a back up to the existing PradhanmantriUjjwalaYojna. The scheme will spread awareness among people regarding the use of clean fuel and environment protection.
- One lakh LPG Panchayats will be activated through the scheme to highlight the crucial issue of clean energy, environment, health and women empowerment.
- The Government has launched DeenDayalHastkalasankul, a trade facilitation centre and crafts museum for handicrafts at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The centre will develop and promote handlooms, handicrafts and silk products while facilitating weavers, artisans and exporters to promote their work in both domestic and international markets.
- The centre will also promote rich traditional craft of ancient Varanasi.
4. PralaySahayam: Multi-Agency Disaster Relief Exercise held in Hyderabad:
- PralaySahayam, a Multi-Agency humanitarian assistance and disaster relief exercise was recently held in Hyderabad to aware public about natural and man-made climate change and urban disasters including flooding.
- The two-days exercise was jointly organized by TelanganaGovernment, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and Armed Forces.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 23 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
5. Rajiv Mehrishi: New CAG of India:
- Rajiv Mehrishi, a 1978 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan Cadre has sworn in as the new Comptroller and Auditor-General (CAG) of India.
- He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by the President Ram NathKovind.
- He has succeeded Shashi Kant Sharma.
6. V-409 Launched:
- V-409, Indian Coast Guard’s new interceptor boat was recently launched in Mangaluru, Karnataka by Bharat Defence and Infrastructure Limited (BDIL).
- It will be inducted into the services by mid-October 2017 to enhance the coastal and National security.
- The vessel can perform high-speed interception, close-coast patrol, search, rescue and surveillance operations.
7. CNR Rao selected for Von Hippel Award 2017:
- Eminent Scientist and Bharat Ratna Prof. CNR Raohas been selected for the 2017 Von Hippel Award, the highest International award in material research.
- He is the first Indian and first Asian to win this award.
- Prof. Rao has been selected for his remarkable work in novel functional materials, superconductivity and colossal magnetoresistance.
8. India gets its first High Horsepower Locomotive from France:
- By allowing the first major FDI project in rail sector, India has received its first High Horsepower Locomotive from France.
- It will be used to haul freight trains at twice the existing speed by 2018.
9. Liliane Bettencourt- World’s richest woman passes away:
- World’s wealthiest woman Liliane Bettencourt, heir to the French L’Oreal hairspray empire has passes away.
- She was 94 years old and belonged to France.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 23 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!