Current Affairs September 23, 2017
1. SATH Programme launched in Assam:
- National Institute for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog, has launched the SATH programme in Guwahati, Assam in order to find out key health priorities and the subsequent solutions to improve the well being of people.
- SATH Programme:
- Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital (SATH) has been launched by NITI Aayog to initiate transformation in education and health sector.
- It works on the concept of Co-operative federalism to address the needs of the states demanding technical support from NITI Aayog.
- The programme aims to select three states viz. Assam, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka to build them as future role model states.
2. Masala bonds out of corporate bond limit for FPIs:
- RBI has increased the corporate bond investment limit for foreign investors by taking out rupee denominated masala bond from the ambit of total debt investment limit. From now onwards they will be considered as a part of External Commercial Borrowings (ECBs) and will be monitored and regulated accordingly.
- Masala Bonds are rupee denominated bond through which Indian entities can raise money from foreign markets in rupee.
- Basically they are debt instruments through which corporate houses can raise money from the investors.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 22 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
3. India’s first Bond index series launched by SBI:
- State Bank of India (SBI) along with FTSE Russell has launched India’s first bond index series for overseas investors -FTSE SBI Bond Index series at the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- It has been launched following a letter of intent signed between SBI and FTSE during Prime Minister NarendraModi’s visit to UK.
- FTSE SBI Bond Index Series:
- The index is considered as the first of its kind transparent and reliable benchmark for investors in international markets to analyse India’s bond market.
4. Newton: India’s official entry to Oscars 2018:
- The Film Federation of India (FFI) has selected Hindi film Newton to represent India in best foreign language category at 90th Academy Awards (Oscars) to be held in 2018.
- Newton is a black comedy on foibles of democracy, chosen unanimously by FFI’s selection committee.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 22 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!