Current Affairs September 22, 2017
1. Cabinet approval for Dentists (Amendment) Bill, 2017:
- The Union Cabinet has given approval to introduce the Dentists (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in the Parliament that seeks to amend the Dentists Act, 1948 to introduce certain modifications in order to reduce the redundancy.
The Amendment seeks to introduce following modifications in the Dentists Act, 1948:
- Membership of the Dental Council of India (DCI) under clause (f) of section 3 of the act.
- Membership of the State and Joint State Dental Councils under clause (b) of section 21 and clause (b) of section 23 of the act.
2. B4 Labs to study Brahmaputra river:
- With an aim to protect the fast eroding Majuli island, the Union Government has decided to conduct a research through floating Brahmaputra Biodiversity and Biology Boat (B4) labs along the Brahmaputra river.
- Under the project different factors like dams, climate changes, human interventions will be constantly monitored and subsequent methods will be adopted to mitigate their effect on the river ecosystem.
- The river in island is formed by the Brahmaputra river system.
- It is the first island district of India and world’s largest river in island.
3. Indian Coast Guard Commissions 2 high-speed interceptor boats:
- Two high-speed interceptor boats C-433 and C-434 have been commissioned by the Indian Coast Guards at Dighi port in Mumbai.
- These 2 boats will further enhance the security cover of the 720 km Maharashtra coastline by preventing illegal activities like smuggling, infiltration and illegal fishing etc.
|CLICK HERE TO DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 21 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. INS Kalavari: India’s first indigenously built submarine handed over to Indian Navy:
- India’s first indigenously built scorpene class submarine, INS Kalavari has been handed over to Indian Navy by the state-owned Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- INS Kalavari is the first of six Scorpene class submarine indigenously built under Project-75 by Mazagon Dock Limited.
- The submarine is capable of launching anti-ship torpedoes, anti-ship missiles and sea mines.
5. Zannah Mustapha UNHCR Nansen Refugee Award:
- Zannah Mustapha has won the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) 2017 Nansen Refugee Award, 2017.
- He has been awarded because of his humanitarian efforts for educating and feeding hundreds of displaced Boko Haram orphans.
6. Official slogan and Emblem of FIFA Women’s World Cup, 2019 launched:
- The Official slogan and Emblem of FIFA Women’s World Cup, 2019were launched in Paris, France. The emblem features the trophy wrapped in blue and white with eight shards of light around football at the top of the trophy symbolizing the eighth edition of FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- The slogan of the tournament is: “Dare to Shine”.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 21 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!