Current Affairs September 13, 2017
1. India’s first advanced Homeopathy Virology Lab inaugurated:
- In order to develop new drugs and technologies in Homeopathy, India’s first advanced Homeopathy Virology Lab was recently inaugurated by the AYUSH Minister Shripad Naikat Dr. Anjali Chatterjee Regional Research Institute for Homeopathy in Kolkata.
- The lab will be utilized to conduct research in Homeopathy for different Viral diseases like Influenza, Japanese Encephalitis, Dengue and Swine flu etc.
- Students doing PhD in Homeopathy will be allowed to conduct their research in the lab.
2. GST implementation challenges- Government constitutes GoM to resolve the issue:
- The Union Finance Ministry has constituted Group of Ministers (GoM) to handle and resolve the IT challenges in the implementation of Goods and Services Tax.
- A committee on exports has also been constituted to look into the matters of exports.
- The decision of constituting the GoM and the Committee on exports was taken in the 21st GST council meeting in Hyderabad.
- GoM will be headed by the Bihar’s Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi. Chairman and Chief executive Officer of Goods and Services Tax Netwok (GSTN) will also be the part of the group.
- The Committee on exports will be headed by the Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia.
3. India, Belarus agreement:
- India and Belarus, with an aim to enhance economic engagement by focusing on trade and investment, has signed 10 agreements in different sectors including oil and gas, education, sports and military.
- The Signed agreements are:
- MoU in Oil and Gas sector
- MoU in Education
- MoU in Agricultural research
- MoU in Sports
- MoU between Indian and Belarusian Potash Companies
- MoU in Vocational Education and Training
- MoU in the field of Culture
- MoU for technical cooperation between Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and National Academy of Science of Belarus.
4. 1% DA hike for Central Government Employees:
- The Union cabinet has approved an additional 1% Dearness Allowance (DA) for Central Government employees and dearness relief to pensioners.
- This will be applicable retrospectively from 1st July 2017.
- It is the percentage of the basic salary paid by the Government to the employees and pensioners to mitigate the impact of inflation.
5. M-777 gun suffers damage during test:
- An M-777 ultralight howitzer was damaged during field testing in Pokharan.
- India has signed a deal with US under the Foreign Military Sales Programme for 145 of these guns. The Army has not inducted any new Artillery gun after the Bofors. The M-777 was the first such deal after bofors.
6. Apple launched Iphone X:
- On the 10thanniversary of IPhone, Apple has launched the most expensive version of the device in California.
CRACK IBPS PO 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!