Current Affairs September 10 & 11, 2017
1. Government to launch Project Insight:
- The Government has signed a contract with L&T Infotech Ltd. to launch Project Insight to keep an eye on the high value transactions and detect tax evaders using high technology.
- The aim of the project is to curb the circulation of black money in the economy.
- The project will help to catch tax evaders in a non-intrusive manner using technology without adopting traditional intrusive methods like search and seizures. Technology will be used to allow the Government to collect data base of IT firms, IT returns, TDS and statements of different type of financial transactions received from financial institutions.
2. Government launches Contact@DGFTfor effective resolution of foreign trade related issues:
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industries has launched Contact@DGFT, an online service facility for effective resolution of foreign trade related issues. The facility will be provided on the official website of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- Through this facility, the exporters as well as importers will be able to raise all the foreign trade related issues to DGFT or the other Central and State agencies.
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT):
- It is the agency working under the Ministry of Commerce and Industries, responsible for executing the export and import policies of the Country.
3. Third generation NAG missile successfully test fired:
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test fired 3rd generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) NAG in Rajasthan.
- The indigenously developed missile underwent two successful trials which marks the successful completion of the trials of NAG missiles.
- The launcher system of NAG missile is NAMICA (NAG Missile Carrier).
- It is one of the five missile systems developed indigenously by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP). The other four missiles developed under the programme include: Agni, Akash, Trishool and Prithvi.
- NAG missile can be launched from land or air and works on the ‘fire and forget’ principle.
- Defence Minister NirmalaSitharaman has flagged off India’s first all women crew circumnavigation expedition- NavikaSagarParikrama in Goa.
- The crew belongs to Indian Navy and is sailing through INSV Tarini.
- It is expected to circumnavigate the entire globe in 165 days.
5. IAU names two Pluto mountains after Tenzing and Hillary:
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named two Pluto mountains as Tenzing Montes and Hillary Montes after the names of Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary who were the first mountaineers to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
International Astronomical Union (IAU):
- Founded in 1919, the Union is an international association of professional astronomers active in professional education and research in Astronomy.
6. Jordan launches Sahara Forest Project:
- With an aim to turn its huge desert area into farm lands, Jordan, the country with 90% area as desert, has launched Sahara Forest project.
- The project has been launched in the southern port city of Aqaba to produce food using sun and the sea water. The project will achieve its aim by combining saltwater-cooled greenhouses with solarpower technologies.
7. India-US in talks for C-17 deal:
- India is continuously negotiating with US for buying another Boeing C-17 Globemaster transport aircraft to be added to its fleet of 10.
- Since 2013, the aircraft has played an important role in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts.
- The aircraft is expected to handed over within a month.
8. India’s first online transgender channel launched:
- In order to highlights the stigmas and misconceptions associated with the lives of transgender, RachnaMudraboyina has launched India’s first online transgender channel named ‘Transvision’.
- The channel will provide accurate and scientific socio-cultural, religious, economic and political informations relevant to their lives.
9. Rafael Nadal wins 2017 US Open Title:
- World’s number one tennis player Rafael Nadal has won the 2017 US Open Title in Men’s single category.
- He has defeated Kevin Anderson in the final match.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 9 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!