Current Affairs October 7, 2017
1. First Indo-Australian Joint Steering Committee meeting held in New Delhi:
- The first Joint Steering Committee meeting between India and Australia was recently held in New Delhi. The agenda of the meeting was to discuss the scope of cooperation in counter- terrorism and checking the extremism and radicalization.
- The delegates of the two countries also discussed the possible measures to check the illegal financial transactions, counterfeiting and cybercrimes.
2. CBDT signs 2 more Advanced Pricing Agreements with taxpayers:
- With an aim to reduce the burden of litigations, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed 2 more Advanced Pricing Agreements (APA’s) with the Indian taxpayers by providing certainty in transfer pricing.
- The two APA’s are related to Automobile and Healthcare consulting sectors.
3. GauriLankesh becomes the first Indian to win Anna Politkovskaya Award:
- Late journalist GauriLankeshhas won the prestigious Anna Politkovskaya Award. She will share this award with a Pakistani Peace activist, Gulalai Ismail who has faced the death threats for speaking against Taliban.
- Anna Politkovskaya Award:
- The award is given in the memory of late Russian reporter and political activist Anna Politkovskaya who uncovered state corruption and rights abuses in Chechnya.
4. ISRO to set up research centre in Guwahati:
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is going to set up a new research centrein Guwahati, Assam for startups, academicians, environmentalists and entrepreneurs.
- ISRO will try to explore the possibilities of using Geospatial technology which includes data generated through Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographical Information System (GIS) and satellite remote sensing in order to increase the pace of development in Assam.
5. Vijaya Bank signs MoU with HPCL for digital payments:
- Vijaya Bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) to enable all the HPCL retail outlets with BHIM/UPI merchant solutions.
- This move will allow all the petrol pump attendants and LPG delivery personnel to accept digital payments.
CRACK IBPS PO 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!