Current Affairs November 14, 2017
1. Indian Railways launches Project Saksham:
- With an aim to upgrade the skills of its employees in a time bound manner, the Indian Railways has launched Project Saksham.
- It is the country’s largest time bound exercise (9 months) which aims for the image makeover of the Indian Railways by enhancing the efficiency of its 13 lakh employees.
- Five days on the job or classroom training module will be provided to the employees.
2. PM Modi inaugurates rice field laboratory named after him in Philippines:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi has inaugurated the rice field laboratory named after him in the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Philippines during his 3-days visit to attend ASEAN-India and East Asia Summits.
- India is going to set up a regional centre of IRRI in Varanasi to develop high-yielding rice varieties to increase the farmer’s income.
3. Government celebrates Child Rights Week: ‘Hausla 2017’
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD)is going to celebrate Child Rights Week (Hausla 2017) from 16th to 20th November, 2017.
- Hausla 2017 will showcase the talent of children from Child Care Institutions (CCIs) across the country by providing them platform to express their dreams.
- International Child Rights Day is celebrated on 20th November each year.
4. AI powered police stations in China:
- The Government of China has announced that it is going to build an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered police stations without any human personnel.
- The innovative police station will have face scanning technology that will replace the identity cards.
5. Prime Minister on a 3-day visit to Philippines:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi has reached Manila, the capital of Philippines on his 3-day tour to attend the 31stASEAN, the East Asia and the India-ASEAN annual summits.
- This is the first bilateral visit of Prime Minister Modi to Philippines where he will attend the special celebrations of the 50th anniversary of ASEAN, Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) leaders meeting and ASEAN Business and Investment Summit.
6. 4th India-Canada Annual Ministerial Dialogue:
- The 4th Indo-Canadian Annual Ministerial Dialoguewas recently held in New Delhi.
- The Canadian delegation was led by Canadian Trade Minister Francois Philippe Champagne whereas India was represented by the Commerce and Industry Minister, Suresh Prabhu.
- The Dialogue is supposed to boost the bilateral relations of the two countries in a number of sectors.
7. Varanasi- The most polluted city of India:
- The air quality of Varanasi, which is the LokSabha constituency of Prime Minister NarendraModi has found to be worst in the recently released report of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
- The Air Quality Index (AQI) of Varanasi has been found to be 491.
- The pollution level is considered as severe when the AQI ranges between 410-500.
8. Sebastian Vettel wins the Brazilian Grand Prix Title:
- Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel has defeated MercedesValtteriBottas to win his fifth race of the season by winning Brazilian Grand Prix.
CRACK IBPS PO 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!