Current Affairs November 12&13, 2017
1. Union Cabinet approves National Rural Drinking Water Programme:
- The Union Cabinet has approved the continuation and restructuring of National Rural Drinking Water Programme to cover the entire rural population across the country.
- The programme will be continued till 2020 and ensure the increased coverage of sustainable piped water supply. It will also focus upon water quality, coverage of Open Defecation Free (ODF) declared villages, Integrated Action Plan (IAP) and Border Out Posts (BOP) with a better monitored piped water supply.
2. Environment Ministry constitutes 7-member panel for Air Pollution in Delhi-NCR:
- The Union Ministry of Environment has constituted a 7-member panel to suggest short and long term measures to tackle the problem of alarming air pollution in Delhi-NCR region.
- The Panel will be headed by the Environment secretary.
- Air Quality Index (AQI) of Delhi has shown the concentration of pollutants in the air as 465 ppm.
3. India Disaster Response Summit inaugurated:
- KirenRijiju, the Union Minister of state for Home Affairs, has inaugurated the India Disaster Response Summit in New Delhi.
- The Summit was organized jointly by National Disaster Response Authority (NDMA) and Facebook.
- Prime Minister NarendraModi is the Chairman of NDMA.
4. Haryana becomes the first state to treat Hepatitis-C patients with oral medicines:
- Haryana has become the first state of India to treat all categories of Hepatitis-C patients with oral medicines.
- The oral medicine will be available free of cost for the permanent residents of all categories at the district level.
5. Vietnam hosts APEC Summit:
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit was recently held in Vietnam.
- The theme of the summit was- ‘Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future’.
- Next year’s summit will be organized in Papua New Guinea.
6. New Outsourcing Norms for NBFCs:
- RBI has released new outsourcing norms for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs).
- NBFCs can-not outsource core management functions like internal audit, strategic and compliance functions for know your customer (KYC) norms, sanction of loans and management of investment portfolios.
- NBFCs will have to ensure that service providers are able to isolate and identify the NBFC’s customer information, documents, records and assets to protect the confidentiality of the information.
7. 12th November: World Pneumonia Day:
- With an aim to spread awareness about the hazardous pneumonia disease, the World Pneumonia Day is observed globally every year on 12th November.
- Pneumonia is an acute respiratory disease that causes inflammation of the airspaces in the lungs.
8. 12th November: Public Service Broadcasting Day:
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed on 12th November every year to commemorate the first and the last visit of Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
9. Punjab to organize Military Literature Festival:
- The Punjab Government is going to organize a Military Literature Festival in Chandigarh from 7th -9th December.
- The festival aims to showcase the capabilities of Indian Army, Navy and Air-Force apart from holding seminars on defence, art, literature and music etc.
10. UNHRC to get Mother Teresa Award for Social Justice:
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHRC) has been selected to receive the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2017.
- Harmony Foundation has instituted the award in the memory of Mother Teresa.
- The theme for 2017 is ‘Compassion Beyond Borders’.
CRACK IBPS PO 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!