1. Afghanistan opens new export route to India through Iran's Chabahar port
- Afghanistan began exports to India through an Iranian port as the landlocked, war-torn nation turns to overseas markets to improve its economy.
- Chabahar port is the result of healthy cooperation between India, Iran and Afghanistan this will ensure economic growth.
- At the inauguration of the new export route, President Ashraf Ghani said Afghanistan was slowly improving its exports in a bid to reduce its trade deficit.
2. Muhammadu Buhari re-elected as Nigeria President
- Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has been re-elected for a second four-year term, the election commission says.
- The 76-year-old defeated his main rival, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, with a margin of nearly four million votes.
- Nigeria Capital - Abuja, Currency – Nigerian Naira
3. PepsiCo's Former CEO Indra Nooyi joins Amazon's Board of Directors
- PepsiCo's India-born former CEO Indra Nooyi has joined Amazon's Board of Directors, the online retail giant has announced.
- Nooyi, who stepped down as CEO of Pepsico in October last year, is the second women of colour to be added on the Amazon's Board of Directors.
- She was elected to PepsiCo's board of directors and became its President and Chief Financial Officer in 2001.
4. Shri M Venkaiah Naidu Launches BIMTECH Director Dr. H Chaturvedi's Book on 'Quality, Accreditation & Ranking' at New Delhi
- The book titled 'Quality, Accreditation and Ranking - A Silent Revolution in the Offing in Indian Higher Education' edited by EPSI's Alternate President, Dr. H Chaturvedi was released by the Hon'ble Vice President Naidu.
- The book released by the Vice President contains articles, essays and research papers authored by some of the prominent educationists, policy makers.
- Dr. H Chaturvedi is Professor and Director at Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida, India.
5. Rising India Summit 2019 held in New Delhi
- PM Narendra Modi delivers the keynote speech at the News18 Rising India Summit 2019 in New Delhi.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Kamal Nath fields a question during 'Matters of States' session at the News18 Rising India Summit in New Delhi.
6. India successfully test fires surface-to-air missile QRSAM amid tensions with Pakistan
- India successfully test fired the short range Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QRSAM) from a test range along the coast of Odisha.
- Developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the missile has a strike range of 25 km to 30 km and has a capability of engaging multiple targets. The sleek and highly mobile air defence system has been developed for the Indian Army.
- The indigenously developed QRSAM will replace the 'Akash' missile defence system which is on its way out due to technological obsolescence.
7. Union Textile Minister Inaugurates Titanwala Museum in Rajasthan
- Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the 'Titanwala Museum' in Bagru that showcases the Chhipa community's hand-block printing.
- The museum is an example that art and culture are not dependent on the government for being nurtured or preserved.
- The museum is an effort towards preserving the art of traditional Bagru block printing.The museum will be open from Monday to Sunday between 9 am and 6 pm.
8. Playwright Mahesh Elkunchwar to be honoured with META lifetime achievement award
- Eminent Indian playwright Mahesh Elkunchwar has been chosen for this year's META Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The playwright will be conferred upon with the award on March 12, along with the winners of the 14th Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META) festival.
- He has written more than 30 plays and essays, like ‘Sultan’, ‘Holi’, ‘Garbo’, ‘Yatanaghar’, and ‘Atmakatha’ and is also a receiver of the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship.