1. Cobra Gold, one of world’s largest multinational military exercises, kicks off in Thailand
- One of the world’s largest and longest-running international military exercises officially began this week in Thailand.
- The 38th annual Cobra Gold exercise, scheduled to run through Feb. 22, is co-sponsored by the Royal Thai and U.S armed forces. They are joined by another 27 nations, including Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and Singapore. China and India participate in civic-action parts of the exercise.
- This year’s exercise will focus on military field training, civic assistance to communities and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.
2. Clouded Leopard to be Mascot of national Games 2022
- Clouded Leopard, the state animal of Meghalaya will be the mascot for the National Games 2022.
- Clouded Leopard is one of the wild cats that inhabit the forests of Garo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills.
- The meeting has decided that an open completion would be held to design a smiling clouded leopard that will be used as the mascot for the national Games.
3. Indian Army shows its artillery firepower during 'Exercise Topchi'
- Using ultra light Howitzers and indigenous Swathi weapon-locating radar, Indian Army Tuesday demonstrated its artillery firepower at the annual 'Exercise Topchi'.
- The Army's aviation assets included the indigenous advanced light helicopter, light combat helicopter, Cheetah & Chetak helicopters, it added.
- The precision of delivering the explosives in the target area, the coordination and timings of the firepower stunned all those present.
4. Prajnesh Gunneswaran becomes the third Indian to reach Top 100 in ATP rankings
- Reaping rewards of his consistent performance, Prajnesh Gunneswaran broke into men's singles top-100 for the first time in his career with a jump of six places that took him to 97.
- Prajnesh is only third Indian player to break into the top-100 barrier in the past decade after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri.
- Ramkumar Ramanathan is the second best Indian ranked 128.In the WTA charts, Ankita Raina continues to be country's top singles player at number 165
5. England's World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gordon Banks dies aged 81
- Gordon Banks, the goalkeeper in England's 1966 World Cup-winning team, has died at the age of 81.
- He was widely regarded as one of the greatest goalkeepers to have played the game and will perhaps be best remembered for the diving stop he made to deny Brazil's Pele at the 1970 World Cup.
- Banks denied Brazil's Pele with a spectacular diving effort, which later became known as the "save of the century"
6. PM Modi launches several development projects for Haryana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid foundation stones of several development projects in Haryana.The projects include National Cancer Institute, Jhajjar and Shri Krishna Ayush University, Kurukshetra.
- The event was attended by woman sarpanchs and women associated with the 'Swachhta' campaign from across the country. Mr Modi distributed the 'Swachh Shakti 2019' awards on the occasion.
- The Prime Minister highlighted that over 11 lakh people benefited from Ayushman Bharat and his government is making efforts to make the life of farmer, poor and middle class easier.
7. CREDAIs Event YouthCon-19 Held In New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the CREDAI YouthCon -19 in New Delhi Talkatora Stadium.
- The theme for this YouthCon is ‘Next Generation’.
- The annual conference will bring together the next generation of real estate builders and developers to enlighten their young minds and share their thinking and approach.
8. Exercise Rahat Concluded In Jaipur
- Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise `Exercise Rahat´ concluded in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- It was demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota, and Alwar in Rajasthan.
- Indian Army was represented by Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command. Representatives from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), SDMA Rajasthan and DLMAs participated in the exercise.