Current Affairs December 7, 2017
1. RBI keeps Repo Rate unchanged:
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has kept the Repo Rate unchanged at 6% under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF).
- In its 5th bimonthly policy review for the financial year 2017-18, the Central Bank has maintained the status quo so as to achieve the medium-term inflation target of 4% within a band of +/- 2%.
- The Reverse Repo Rate has remained 5.75 % under LAF.
2. India, China and Russia to hold trilateral meeting:
- According to the External Affairs Ministry, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov are expected to visit India to attend a trilateral meeting.
- The meeting is expected to review the global as well as regional issues of utmost importance along with the discussions on trilateral exchanges and activities.
3. Saudi Crown Prince wins poll for TIME Person of the year:
- Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman has won the reader’s poll for the TIME’s Person of the Year 2017 award.
- He secured 24% votes with #Me Too movement against sexual assault and harassment.
4. Vinita Deshmukh’snew book ‘Grieving to Healing’ released:
- Journalist, RTI activist and author Vinita Deshmukh has recently released her book titled ‘Grieving to Healing’ in Pune.
5. Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics:
- The International Olympic Committee has banned Russia to participate in the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- The decision has been taken due to Russia’s orchestrated doping programme.
- However, some Russian athletes will be allowed to participate in the event under Olympic flag.
- The IOC has also banned Russia’s deputy Prime Minister VitalyMutkofor lifetime from having any involvement in the Olympic Games.
6. India wins first ever South Asian Regional Badminton Championship:
- India has won the first ever South Asian Regional Badminton Team Championship by defeating Nepal in Guwahati.
- India defeated its neighboring country by 3-0.
7. American scientist wins $ 3 million prize :
- American biologist Joanne Chory has won the 2018 Breakthrough Prize which includes a cash prize of $ 3 million for interpreting how plants optimize their growth to transform sunlight into chemical energy.
- The scientist along-with his team is developing plants that can adapt to the climate change and store large amounts of atmospheric carbon di oxide.
8. 12th Annual Convention of CIC inaugurated:
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the 12th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission at VigyanBhawan in New Delhi.
- The specific agenda of the convention was to maintain transparency and accountability by the Government.
9. MP passes a bill for Death Penalty for raping girls aged 12 or less:
- The Legislative Assembly of Madhya Pradesh has unanimously passed a bill for awarding death sentence to those found guilty of raping girls aged 12 or less.
- With this step, Madhya Pradesh has become the first state of India to frame such a law.
10. Mohammad Al Jounde wins Children’s Peace Prize:
- Mohammad Al Jounde from Syria has been awarded with the International Children’s Peace Prize for his efforts to fight for the Syrian refugee children.
- The 16 years old Al Jounde, a refugee of the Syrian crisis has established a school in a Lebanese refugee camp that is currently providing education to 200 children.
- He received the prize from MalalaYousafzai.
11. Yuvraj Singh launches UNICEF-ICC’s Adolescent Campaign:
- Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has launched the ‘Power of Sports to shape the Future of Adolescents’ campaign in South Asia.
- Through this, he will promote UNICEF sports initiative for young players in the region with support from the ICC.
12. UP, first state to endorse Triple Talaq Draft Bill:
- Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in India to endorse the Centre’s draft bill that considers instant triple talaq a cognizable and non-bailable offence.
- According to the draft bill, a Muslim man, if found guilty of giving divorce to his wife by uttering talaq three times, will have to face imprisonment for three years and fine.
13. India and Cuba signs MoU in Health Sector:
- The Governments of India and Cuba have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for increasing mutual cooperation in the health sector.
- The MoU aims to provide training to doctors, health care professionals and experts and developing human resources.
- It also aims to regulate pharmaceuticals, medical devices and exchange of information in the concerned field.
Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!