Current Affairs December 5, 2017
1. AROGYA 2017:
- AYUSH Minister ShripadNaik has inaugurated the first International Exhibition and Conference on AYUSH and Wellness sector- AROGYA 2017 in New Delhi.
- The theme was-‘Enhancing the global potential of AYUSH’.
- It was jointly organized by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Union Ministry of AYUSH, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council.
2. Vigilant Ace: South Korea, US joint exercise:
- United States and South Korea have launched their largest ever joint aerial exercise-Vigilant Ace.
- The exercise aims to ensure peace and security on the Korean Peninsula.
3. Nasal foreign body removal device ‘Noxeno’ launched:
- Union Government has launched a nasal foreign body removal device ‘Noxeno’.
- The device has been developed by start-up InnAccel Technologies Pvt. Ltd. under BiodesignProgramme.
- The indigenously designed device allows the user to slip behind nasal foreign body and remove it instantly by simply squeezing the trigger and pulling the device.
4. December 4: Navy Day
- The Indian Navy Day is observed every year on 4th December to acknowledge the valour, maritime achievements and technological progress of Indian Navy.
- This was the 46thNavy Day.
5. Venezuela launches new virtual currency ‘Petro’:
- Venezuela has launched its own crypto-currency ‘Petro’ to circumvent US-led financial sanctions.
- The currency is expected to help the country to advance in issue of monetary sovereignity.
6. US withdraws from UN Global Compact on Migration:
- The United States has withdrawn from UN Global Compact on Migration.
- The present Donald Trump Administration has given an official statement that the Obama led previous Government’s stand is inconsistent with the country’s immigration and refugee policies.
7. 6th International Tourism Mart held in Assam:
- The 6th International Tourism Mart was recently held in Guwahati, Assam.
- The three day programme was organized by Union Ministry of Tourism with cooperation from all the North Eastern states.
- The International Tourism Mart is an annual event organized in North Eastern states to showcase the tourism potential of the region in order to enhance business opportunities.
8. 5th December: World Soil Day:
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations celebrates World Soil Day every year on 5th of December every year.
- The day aims to highlight the importance of soil quality for food security and healthy ecosystem.
- The theme for this year is-‘Caring for the Planet starts from the Ground’.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!