Current Affairs December 30&31, 2017
- The LokSabha has passed the Muslim Women (protection of Rights on Marriages) Bill 2017.
- The bill declares instant triple talaq illegal and prescribes three years of imprisonment for the husband.
- It makes triple talaq (either in written or electronic form) as illegal and void.
- 78th edition of the Indian History Congress was held at the Jadavpur University in Kolkata.
- The 3 day congress aims to promote the scientific study of IndianHistory and publishing historic memorials.
- Livestock Disease Forewarning- Mobile Application has been launched by the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in New Delhi.
- The app will be helpful for consumers and stakeholders indulge in the disease control programmes as the app will provide early disease warning and information about clinical samples for diagnosis in case of epidemics.
- The Union Government has signed a loan agreement of $40 million with the World Bank for the Uttar Pradesh Pro-Poor Tourism Development Project.
- The 5 year long project will cost approximately $57.14 million, of which $40 million will be given by the World Bank and the rest of the amount will be funded out of the state budget.
- India’s legendary music festival ‘Sunburn’ will be hosted by Pune.
- China has successfully tested its first photovoltaic highway.
- The solar highway has the wireless charging system for electric vehicles.
- With this, China has become second country in the world to construct a photovoltaic highway after France which has done the same in 2016.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) is going to classify gaming disorder as a mental health condition in its upcoming 11th edition of International Classification of Diseases (ICD) in 2018.
- The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-V, published by the American Psychiatric Association, has already classified gaming disorder as a mental health condition.
- Advanced Air Defence supersonic interceptor missile ‘Prithvi’ has been successfully test fired from a test range in Odisha.
- The indigenously developed missile is capable of destroying any incoming ballistic missile in low altitude range.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has tightens the norms for credit rating agencies and mutual funds to reduce the conflict of interest.
- It has increased the net worth of the rating agencies from 5 to 25 crores.
- It has also made it mandatory for the promoter entity to maintain at least 25% stake in the rating agency for a period of 3 years.
- NASA is going to launch the Wide Field Infrared Telescope (WRIST) that will provide the largest picture of the celestial objects with the depth and clarity greater than the Hubble Space Telescope.
- The telescope will be launched in mid 2020s.
- Chess Grandmaster VishwanathanAnand by defeating Russia’s Vladimir Fedoseev, has won the World Rapid Championship Title 2017.
- The Championship was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- 1990 batch IAS officer SumitaMisra has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council (PM-EAC) for 5 years.
- BibekDebroy is the Chairman of the Council.
- 1993 batch senior IAS officer Amardeep Singh Bhatia has been appointed as the new Director of the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO).
- SFIO is the coordinating agency with the Income Tax Department and the Central Bureau of Investigation.
- George Weah will be the next President of Liberia.
- It will be the first independently run election since the end of its continuous civil wars.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Globe Soccer best player of the year award by defeating Barcelona’s Messi.
- Real Madrid has won the best team of the year award.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!