Current Affairs December 02, 2017
1. Cabinet approval for setting up National Nutrition Mission:
- The Union Cabinet has given approval for establishing National Nutrition Mission (NNM) for improving the nutritional status of children (0-6 years), pregnant and lactating mothers.
- The Mission, under the Ministry of Women and Child Development will monitor various schemes which have been framed for reducing malnutrition.
2. Agri-Business Consortium held in New Delhi:
- The 22nd meeting of the Small Farmers’ Agri-Business Consortium (SFAC) was recently held in New Delhi.
- It was chaired by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- SFAC was established in 1994 under the Societies Registration Act 1860 for small farmer’s welfare by linking them to agricultural value chain.
3. Nagaland Statehood Day:
- Nagaland has celebrated its 54th Statehood Day on 1st December at the Naga Heritage Village.
- The 10 day long 18th Hornbill festival was also inaugurated by President Ram NathKovind on the same day.
4. Defence Ministry launches Armed Forces Week:
- The Ministry of Defence launched the Armed Forces Week from 1st to 7th December.
- Defence Minister NirmalaSitharaman has appealed people to contribute towards the welfare of war-widows, children of martyrs and ex-serviceman by visiting http://ksb.gov.in.
5. International Storytellers Festival- Kathakar inaugurated in New Delhi:
- The 7th edition of the 3 day long ‘Kathakar-International Storytellers Festival’ has been inaugurated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs KirenRijiju in New Delhi.
- It is the only oral storytelling festival in India and is a part of GhummakkadNarain- the Travelling Literature Festival which was started under UNESCO in 2010.
- The festival will be hosted in Delhi, Gurugram, Noida and Mumbai this year.
6. Maharashtra- the most corrupt state for 3 consecutive years:
- According to the recently released National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data, Maharashtra is the most corrupt state in India for the 3rd consecutive year.
- Odisha is on the second spot followed by Kerala.
7. PNB increases bulk deposit rate by 0.5%.
- Punjab National bank (PNB) has raised the interest rate on bulk deposit of over Rs 1 crore by 0.5 percent.
- The new rates will be effective from 1st December.
- Earlier, State Bank of India (SBI) has announced raising interest rate on bulk deposits by 1 percentage point across select maturities.
8. DiaMirza becomes UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India:
- Actor DiaMirza has been appointed as UN Environment Goodwill Ambassador for India.
- She has been chosen by the United Nations for her contribution to environment conservation.
Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!