Current Affairs August 9 & 10, 2017
1. ICICI bank launches instant credit card with the limit upto 4 lakhs
- ICICI Bank has announced the launch of Instant Credit Card Service that will enable its savings account customers to get a credit card instantly, in a completely digital and paperless manner.
- Using the Instant Credit Card Service, pre-qualified customers can apply and get credit card number and other important details online.
- Under which, he/she can immediately start shopping online, without having to wait for the physical card to arrive.
- There is a credit limit of up to Rs 4 lakh based on pre-checked bureau scores.
- The application procedure also incorporates an additional level of authentication in order to make the security of the offering robust.
- Currently, this facility to apply for a credit card is available through the Bank’s internet banking platform.
2. 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement
- The nation is celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement on 9th of August 2017.
- A number of events are being planned at organisational and local levels to mark the occasion.
- This year’s theme is “Sankalp se Siddhi- the attainment through resolve.
- Prime Minister Modi termed the month of August as a month of revolution as the non-cooperation movement was launched on 1st of August 1920, Quit-India movement on 9thAugust 1942 and on 15th August 1947 India became independent.
- The National Archives of India is organizing a special exhibition in New Delhi from today to mark the 75th year of Quit India Movement and Azad Hind Fauz.
3. Gujarat first state to implement coal utilisation between power units
- Through this auction, Gujarat will transfer the coal allocated to power generating stations.
- It is owned by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSECL) to more fuel-efficient private power plants
- The aim is to reduce the cost of fuel for financially ailing distribution companies and ensure effective distribution of domestic coal.
- Under the new policy, the coal requirement of a state would be clubbed and assigned to the respective state or state-nominated agencies.
- The reverse auction would be held in September for procuring 1,000 megawatt (Mw) of power.
4. India ratifies 2nd commitment period of Kyoto Protocol
- India has ratified the second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol announced on 9th of August 2017 that commits countries to contain the emission of greenhouse gases, reaffirming its stand on climate action.
- India’s Permanent Mission to the Unmentioned that India deposited its Instrument of Acceptance of the Doha Amendment to the Kyoto Protocol under the UN Convention on Climate Change.
- India has submitted instrument of acceptance of Doha Amendment to Kyoto Protocol.
- India has become the 80th country to accept the amendment relating to the second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol, the international emissions reduction treaty.
5. IDFC Bank partners with ZETA for digital payments solution
- IDFC Bank has partnered with digital payments company Zeta, to launch ‘IDFC Bank Benefits’ announced on 9th August 2017.
- IDFC Bank Benefits’ is a payment solution for corporates that digitizes employee spends and claims, making the process simple, real-time and paperless.
- The end-to-end digital solution comprises an IDFC Bank Benefits Card and Zeta app which unite the full suite of allowances and reimbursements offered by an employer into one preloaded card.
- Employees can also access the Benefits Card via the Zeta app on mobile or web.
- This enables them to track spends, entitlement limits and submit claims, digitally.
- Employees can avail the benefits of the IDFC Benefits card also via the Zeta app on the mobile or on the web and Zeta Super Tag.
6. Amazon India and Telengana Handloom dept ink pact
- Amazon India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Telangana Department of Handloom and Textiles on 8th of August 2017.
- The MoU is signed to educate, train and enable weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers across the country.
- This association will help to elevate popular handloom products from clusters such as are Pochampally, Warangal, Gadwal, Narayanpet and Siddipet which have a tremendous potential and demand in urban areas.
- Its aim is to transform the lives of weavers and artisans and raise their standard of living.
- will help them boost their business by training them to list and sell their products online on the marketplace.
7. Justice Dipak Misra appointed as 45th Chief Justice of India
- On August 8, 2018, Union Government appointed Justice Dipak Misra as the 45th Chief Justice of India (CJI) with effect from August 28, 2017. He will be replacing incumbent Justice J S Khehar, who is set to retire on August 27, 2017.
- Justice Misra will have tenure of about 14 months till October 2, 2018.
- It is to be noted that Justice Misra will be the third person from Odisha to be appointed the Chief Justice of India, after Justices Ranganath Misra and G B Pattanaik.
CRACK IBPS RRB EXAM
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS RRB Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS RRB last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS RRB Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Officers Scale -1 & Assistant Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!