Current Affairs August 11, 2017
1. India’s new Vice-President Shri Venkaiah Naidu took oath of his office:
- He is an NDA backed candidate from the BJP party who recently won VP elections by winning 771 votes against his opponent’s 244 votes.
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi who is the candidate of opposition lost by a wide margin.
- He took oath as the 13th Vice President of India which is the second highest constitutional post in India.
- According to the article 69 of Indian Constitution, President of India administers oath of office and secrecy to Vice President.
2. Hamid Ansari gave his farewell speech in Rajya Sabha:
- The outgoing Vice President Hamid Ansari was given farewell bid by the members of Rajya Sabha.
- He was the 12th and the longest serving Vice-President of India.
- He was the only VP to serve during the terms of three Presidents and these were Pratibha Patil, Pranab Mukherjee and Ramnath Kovind.
- He is from the family who worked during Khilafat movement which paved the path for partition of India.
- He is succeeded by the new and 13th Vice President Venkaiah Naidu.
3. NITI Aayog made partnership with six Indian states to transform their Health and Education sectors:
- The selected states for healthcare improvement are UP, Assam and Karnataka.
- And Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Jharkhand are made partners for the transformation in their education sectors.
- The transformation of the governance structure of these states will be made in the next 30 months.
- This partnership is part of NITI Aayog’s Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital (SATH) inititative.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON PREVIOUS DAY CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. Global Entrepreneurship Summit will be co-hosted by India and US at Hyderabad:
- This summit is a unique opportunity to bring together entrepreneurship and start-ups with global leaders.
- GES will be co-hosted at Hyderabad, Telangana from 28-30 November.
- Ivanka Trump, the daughter of US President Donald Trump will be present at this summit.
5. Government to launch new sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM):
- The scheme is named as Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana
- Interest free loan will be provided to these SHGs upto Rs. 6.5 lakh for the purchase of vehicle.
- The Community Investment Fund under DAY-NRLM scheme will be utilized under this sub-scheme.
- This will also provide an additional avenue of livelihood for SHGs.
6. Kerala and Haryana top performers in Swacch Survekshan Gramin 2017:
- Swachh Sarvekshan Gramin 2017 is a survey launched by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in which Kerala and Haryana performed top as almost all their rural households has access to toilets.
- Sikkim, Manipur and Nagaland are top performers among the North Eastern states where 95% rural households have access to toilets.
- This survey is conducted by Quality Council of India.
To get all latest videos in your mail-box, Subscribe to our youtube channel
CRACK IBPS RRB EXAM
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS RRB Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS RRB last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS RRB Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Officers Scale -1 & Assistant Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!