Current Affairs 30 November 2022Current Affairs 30 November 2022
1. The 7th edition of the Global Technology Summit will be held in New Delhi
- The seventh edition of the Global Technology Summit will be hosted in a hybrid style in New Delhi until December 1st.The Global Technology Summit, co-hosted by the Ministry of External Affairs and Carnegie India, is India’s yearly flagship event on geotechnology.
- The Summit’s opening session would be a discussion with External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar about geo-digital and its implications.This year’s Summit theme is “Geopolitics of Technology.”
2. FSSAI Approves Yak As 'Food Animal'
- The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) has approved the Himalayan Yak as a ‘food animal’.Food Animals are those that are raised and used for food production or consumption by humans.
- The NRC-Yak had in 2021 submitted a proposal to the FSSAI, for considering the yak as a food animal. However, The FSSAI responded with an official approval recently after a recommendation from the department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, NRC-Yak Director Dr Mihir Sarkar informed.
3. Australia’s Great Barrier Reef to be listed as a World Heritage Site
- UN panel has recommended that Australia’s Great Barrier Reef should be listed as a World Heritage site that is in danger. The UN also informed that the world’s biggest coral reef ecosystem was significantly impacted by climate change and the warming of oceans.
- Frequent bleaching events are threatening the reef, including four over the last seven years and the first during a La Nina phenomenon.
Prime Minister: Anthony Albanese
4. Odisha to launch e-detection portal to identify vehicles plying without documents, issue challans
- The Odisha government has developed a new portal named ‘e-detection portal’ to detect vehicles plying on National Highways (NHs) & State Highways on the road without valid documents.
- The portal is set to launch by 1 January 2023.In the first phase, toll gates on NHs have been integrated with the portal.
About Odisha :
Governor: Ganeshi Lal
Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
5. Mahatma Gandhi’s bust to be inaugurated at UNHQ during India’s Presidency of Security Council
- A bust of Mahatma Gandhi will be inaugurated as a gift from India to the United Nations during India’s presidency of the Security Council in Dec 2022, the first sculpture of the Mahatma to be installed at the world body’s headquarters.
- The bust was made by renowned Indian sculptor Padma Shree awardee Ram Sutar, who has also designed the ‘Statue of Unity in Gujarat.
About United Nations :
Headquarters: New York City
Secretary General: Antonio Guterres
6. KSEB develops a common app for e-vehicle charging stations
- The Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) has developed a mobile app named KeMapp – ‘Kerala E-Mobility App’ which will serve as a common platform for accessing the services of e-vehicle charging stations.
- Minister for Electricity K. Krishnankutty formally launched the app at ‘ewaTTs ‘22,’ an e-mobility conclave organized by the KSEB.The app is now in test mode, and will soon be available for download on PlayStore.
About KSEB :
Founded: 7 March 1957
Headquarters: Kerala, India
Chairman & MD: Dr. Rajan N. Khobragade
7. Indian Overseas Bank enters into an agreement with SMC Global for the opening of 3 in 1 account
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has entered into an agreement with broking partner SMC Global for the opening of 3 in 1 account (SB, demat account, and trading account).
- While the SB and demat account will be with IOB, the trading account will be with SMC Global.
About IOB :
Founded: 10 February 1937
Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
MD & CEO : Ajay Srivastava
8. Tata consumer products to acquire bisleri for Rs 7000 crore
- Tata Consumer Products Limited (TCPL) is set to acquire India’s largest packaged drinking water company, Bisleri, for an estimated Rs 6,000-7,000 crore.
- The current management will continue for two years as part of the deal.The management team is led by a professional team headed by CEO Angelo George.Originally an Italian brand, Bisleri was acquired by the Chauhans in 1969.
About TCPL :
Chairman : Natarajan Chandrasekaran
CEO & MD: Sunil D’Souza
About bisleri :
Chairman: Ramesh J Chauhan
CEO: Angelo George
9. China Plans To Build First Nuclear-Powered Moon Base by 2028
- China plans to build its first base on the moon by 2028, ahead of landing astronauts there in subsequent years as the country steps up its challenge to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA’s) dominance in space exploration.
- The lunar base will likely be powered by nuclear energy.Its basic configuration will consist of a lander, hopper, orbiter, and rover, all of which would be constructed by the Chang’e 6, 7, and 8 missions.
About China :
President: Xi Jinping
10. Rituraj Gaikwad sets a world record by hitting seven sixes in one over
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashed a world record seven sixes in the 49th over of Maharashtra’s Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-final versus Uttar Pradesh at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- In the quarter-finals, Maharashtra’s Rituraj Gaikwad became the first batsman in List-A cricket to knock seven sixes in one over.Gaikwad set this milestone against Uttar Pradesh in Ahmedabad.