Current Affairs 30 January 2023Current Affairs 30 January 2023
1. Luminous to build India's first green solar panel factory in Uttarakhand
- Luminous Power Technologies announced its plan to build the country's first green energy-based solar panel manufacturing facility in Uttarakhand.
- The state-of-the-art facility will be equipped with the latest technology to design and produce high-quality solar panels that will be used for both residential and commercial applications, it stated.Once operational, the facility, spread across 4.5 lakh square feet/10 acres will help enable a solar production capacity of 500 MW per annum, expandable up to 1 GW, producing a range of solar panels with a power output of 40W to 600W.
Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
Governor: Gurmit Singh
2. 158th birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai commemorated
- The 158th birth anniversary of the great freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai, popularly known as Punjab Kesari, was celebrated at his birthplace Dhudike .
- Punjab minister Aman Arora accompanied by MLA Nihal Singh Wala Manjit Singh Bilaspur and MLA Dharamkot Devinderjit Singh Laddi Dhose paid rich tributes to Lala Lajpat Rai at his memorial established at Dhudike village in Moga On this occasion, the cabinet minister also announced a grant of Rs 12 lakh on the demand of the villagers.
3. Khadi Fest 2023 Begins at KVIC Headquarters, Mumbai
- Manoj Kumar, Chairman, Khadi and Village Industries Commission, inaugurated the Khadi Fest-23, which will take place at the KVIC Headquarters in Mumbai from January 27 to February 24, 2023, in the presence of Vinit Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, KVIC, and other senior officials.
- Manoj Kumar stated in his inaugural address that KVIC has been entrusted with the responsibility of providing livelihood to the most backward and poor people in this country. He stated that events and exhibitions such as Khadi Fest give Khadi Institutions, PMEGP, and SFURTI units a platform to market the products of thousands of artisans directly to customers' hands.
Chief Minister: Eknath Shinde
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
4. India-Egypt MoU on cultural cooperation signed for 5 years – Culture Ministry
- The Ministry of Culture signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cultural cooperation between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt, to strengthen the cultural ties with Egypt.
- Under the aegis of the MoU on Cultural Cooperation, both countries look forward to witnessing a host of cultural activities happening in due course in the realm of Music, Dance, Theatre, Literature, Library, Organising Festivals in respective countries, and Research and Documentation, etc.For continued cultural cooperation, the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed for 5 years.
About Egypt :
President : Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
Prime Minister: Moustafa Madbouly
Currency: Egyptian pound
5. Coal India Ltd to launch M-Sand projects in a big way
- Sand is classified as a “minor mineral”, under The Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulations) Act, 1957 (MMDR Act) and administrative control over minor minerals vests with the State Governments, and accordingly, regulated through State specific rules. Due to high demand, regulated supply and complete ban of sand mining during monsoon to protect river ecosystem, finding alternative to river sand became necessary.
- Sand Mining Framework (2018) prepared by Ministry of Mines envisages alternative sources of sand in the form of Manufactured Sand (M-Sand) from crushed rock fines (crusher dust), sand from Overburden (OB) of coal mines.
About Coal India Ltd:
CEO: Pramod Agrawal
6. Shri Sarbananda Sonowal Inaugurates National Logistics Portal-Marine, a Single Window Logistics Portal to reduce the logistics cost
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Ayush Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated The National Logistics Portal (marine) in New Delhi .
- The National Logistic Portal (marine) (NLP) is a project of national importance, as envisaged by the Ministry of Ports Shipping Waterways and the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. It is a one-stop platform aimed at connecting all the stakeholders of the logistics community using IT, to improve efficiency and transparency by reducing costs and time delays and achieving easier, faster, and more competitive offerings of services, to promote the growth of the logistics sector and thereby improve trade.
7. GRSE signs MoU for production of marine engines under ‘Make in India’ initiative
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) and Rolls-Royce Solutions of Germany have inked a pact for manufacturing high-quality marine diesel engines at the former’s plant in Ranchi, in order to reduce the import content of Indian warships.
- The pact was signed by the chiefs of GRSE and MTU -- Commodore P R Hari (Retired), and the MTU head in India, GS Selwyn -- in the presence of the Navy’s Chief of Material, Vice Admiral Sandeep Naithani.
8. Former NATO general Petr Pavel becomes new President of Czech Republic
- Petr Pavel, a former chairman of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) military committee, has become the new president of the Czech Republic , Al Jazeera reported.
- Pavel, 61, defeated billionaire Andrej Babis in a run-off vote to replace controversial President Milos Zeman as he emerged as the new Czech President.A former military general, Pavel got more than 58 per cent of the vote, according to the Czech Statistics Office.
Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
Founded: 4 April 1949
CEO: Jens Stoltenberg
9. Germany beat Belgium 5-4 in penalty shootout to win FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup in Bhubaneswar
- In the FIH Hockey World Cup, Germany have lifted the World Cup after 17 years beating Belgium 5-4 in a penalty shootout, after the game ended 3-3 in the final at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Germany now have won the World Cup three times, first in 2002 and second in 2006.
Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
Founded: 7 January 1924
CEO: Thierry Weil
10. New Zealand Cricket To Introduce Debbie Hockley Medal; Honour Best Women's Cricketer
- New Zealand Cricket (NZC) announced that outstanding women's cricketer will be honoured with the inaugural Debbie Hockley Medal at this year's annual cricket awards ceremony.
- The newly-minted honour, to be afforded equal status to the Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for the outstanding male cricketer of the year, is to become a regular event at the New Zealand Cricket Awards, to be hosted this year on March 23 in Auckland.
About New Zealand:
Prime Minister: Chris Hipkins
1 like | 0 comment