1. Indian govt appoints Bandaru Wilsonbabu as Indian Ambassador to Madagascar
- Indian govt appoints Bandaru Wilsonbabu as Indian Ambassador to Madagascar IFS officer.
- He is presently serving as the joint secretary in the ministry of external affairs.
- He will be replacing ambassador Abhay Kumar.
- He has also served as the joint Secretary in the Eurasia division.
2. Supreme Court introduces FASTER system in India
- The Supreme Court introduced the FASTER system on 23 September 2021. It is an electronic system that stands for Fast and Secured Transmission of Electronic Records.
- The Supreme Court introduced a FASTER system for transferring e-authenticated copies from courts to prisons so that there are no delays in releasing prisoners after they have been granted bail.
- After the implementation of the FASTER system, the duty officers at prisons would receive e-authenticated copies of bail orders, stay orders, interim orders, and proceedings through secured electronic communication, from the courts.
- During the hearing, Chief Justice NV Ramana emphasized the use of Information and Communication Technology tools in court proceedings.
Established: 26 January 1950
Chief Justice-N V Ramana
3. ‘ISRO develops microprocessor-controlled smart limbs
- ISRO's Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre has developed an intelligent artificial limb, under an MoU with National Institute for Locomotor Disabilities, Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya National Institute for Persons with Physical Disabilities (Divyangjan). Weight: 1.6 kg It has enabled an amputee to walk about 100 metres in the corridor with minimum support.
- It is a microprocessor-controlled knees (MPKs) that offers extended capabilities for the amputee.
4. "Bathukamma" a floral festival begins across Telangana state
- In Telangana, Bathukamma, the state floral festival has begun with women in large numbers participating in the festivities across the state. Yesterday marked the beginning of the nine-day official festival of the state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted everyone, particularly the Nari Shakti of Telangana on the auspicious occasion of Bathukamma. In a tweet, Mr. Modi hoped that this festival will deepen our connect with nature and interest in flowers.
During the nine-day annual festival, women and girls sing and dance around specially arranged flowers. At the end of the festival, the floral arrangements will be immersed in local ponds.
5. Rajendra Kumar Senior IAS officer appointed as ESIC Director General
- Rajendra Kumar has been appointed the DG of ESIC, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry. Employees’ State Insurance Corporation is one of the two main statutory social security bodies under the ownership of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, the other being the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation.
- Kumar, a 1992-batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Tamil nadu cadre, is currently an additional secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
6. Asha Parekh to be bestowed with 52nd Dadasaheb Phalke award
- The legendary actress Asha Parekh will be honored with Dadasaheb Phalke Award. The award will be presented at the National Film Award Ceremony in New Delhi on September 30, 2022.
- The National Film Award will be presided over by the President of India, Draupadi Murmu.
- Asha Parekh has also been awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India in 1992.
- Union Minister announced the decision and said “I am honored to announce that the Dadasaheb Phalke Selection Jury has decided to recognize & award Ms. Asha Parekh Ji for her exemplary lifetime contribution to Indian Cinema”.
7. Indian Railways installed RTIS system developed by ISRO
- Developed in collaboration with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Real Time Train Information System (RTIS) is being installed on the trains for automatic acquisition of its “movement timing at the stations, including that of arrival and departure or run-through”, the Ministry of Railways said.
- “They get automatically plotted on the control chart of those trains in the Control Office Application (COA) system,” the Ministry added.
- According to the Ministry, RTIS gives mid-section updates with a periodicity of 30 seconds. The Train Control can track the location and speed of RTIS enabled trains more closely, without any manual intervention. The RTIS uses information from GSAT satellites that have GAGAN payloads for tracking the movement of trains and sends the information down to the Central Location Server (CLS) of Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). 7 SC appoints former Judge L Nageswara Rao for amending IOA's Constitution
8. World Tourism Day 2022 celebrates on 27th September
- World Tourism Day 2022 is observed on 27 September across the world.
- The theme of World Tourism Day 2022 is ‘Rethinking Tourism’
- This day is celebrated every year to focus on promoting tourism in various parts of the world. It was initiated by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO). It is celebrated to promote tourism and understand its importance. World Tourism Day aims to make people understand the joy of exploring the world.
- The World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) started World Tourism Day in 1979 and the celebrations for the same officially began in 1980.
9. Jhulan Goswami Retirement: Indian Legend retires from all Formats
- India women’s team bowling legend Jhulan Goswami announced her retirement from international cricket on 23rd sep adding that the team’s third and final ODI against England at Lords’ will be her last.
- The 39-year-old lanky pacer played 283 international matches during her glittering career while taking 353 wickets.
- A bulk of that came in the ODIs as she took 253 wickets in 203 matches in the format.
- Addressing media ahead of her farewell game, Goswami revealed she has been thinking about retirement for a while now but mostly injuries kept her from calling it a day.
10. Dr Rajiv Bahl appointed as Director General ICMR
- The Central government has appointed Dr Rajiv Bahl as a Director General of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) cum- Secretary Department of Health Research (DHR) for three years.
- Presently, He is serving as a head of the research on maternal, newborn child and adolescent health cum-newborn unit at WHO, Geneva. He has replaced Dr Balram Bhargav, whose tenure has been ended in July 2022. ICMR Headquarters: New Delhi