Current Affairs 27 November 2022Current Affairs 27 November 2022
1. Modi Tops List of World’s Most Popular Leaders with 77% Approval Rating
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi remains the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 77%, according to a US-based global leader approval tracker – Morning Consult.
- Among the list of 13 leaders, Mexico's Andrés Manuel Lopez Obrador was placed second with an approval rating of 63%, followed by Italy's Mario Draghi (54%) and Japan's Fumio Kishida (42% ). PM Modi had the lowest disapproval ratings among all the leaders at 17%.
2. India, UAE central banks discuss rupee-dirham trade prospects
- The central banks of India and UAE are discussing a concept paper on promoting bilateral trade in rupee and dirham with a view to reduce transaction cost.India's Ambassador to the UAE Sunjay Sudhir said that the concept paper for trade in local currencies was shared by India.
- The central banks of both the countries will discuss the standard operating procedures and modalities, he told reporters here.
Capital: Abu Dhabi
Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
President: Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
3. India Expresses Commitment to Peace, Security and Prosperity in the Indo-Pacific Region
- India was committed to a peaceful and prosperous Indo-Pacific region, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said , as he called for enhancing multilateral cooperation, economic and cultural ties among member nations at the 13th East Asia Summit in Singapore.
- It was Prime Minister Modi's 5th East Asia Summit (EAS). India has been participating in the EAS since its very inception in 2005.
4. In July–September 2022, India’s unemployment rate declines to 7.2%
- According to the National Statistical Office (NSO), the unemployment rate for people aged 15 and over in urban areas decreased from 9.8% in July to September of last year to 7.2% in July–September of this year.
- According to the National Statistical Office’s most recent Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS), India’s urban unemployment rate decreased to 7.2% for the fifth consecutive quarter in the July to September 2022-23 (FY23) period.
5. IIT Delhi in top 50 of Times Higher Education Employability Rankings
- The Global Employability University Ranking and Survey (GEURS) reveals the world's top 250 universities for producing employable graduates according to recruiters.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi is the only Indian educational institution among top 50 in the Global University Employability Rankings by Times Higher Education (THE).The Global Employability University Ranking and Survey (GEURS) reveals the world's top 250 universities for producing employable graduates according to recruiters.
6. Canara Bank Issues Electronic Bank Guarantee in Partnership with NeSL
- Canara Bank ushered in a new dawn of digital banking on its 117th Founder’s day, with issuance of an Electronic Bank Guarantee (e-BG) in partnership with National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL).
- Bank now offers an API based digital workflow of Bank guarantees which will eliminate physical issuance, stamping, verification and paper based record maintenance of Bank Guarantees paving the way to augment integration of Environmental & Social Governance (ESG) framework into Business.
About Canara Bank:
CEO: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
Founded: 1 July 1906
7. IDFC First Bank launches sticker-based debit card, FIRSTAP
- IDFC First Bank has introduced a sticker-based debit card, called FIRSTAP.
- The launch is in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The FIRSTAP is launched to facilitate transactions by simply tapping the sticker on a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled point-of-sale terminal.
About IDFC First Bank:
CEO: V. Vaidyanathan
8. IRSEE Vinit Kumar appointed as CEO of KVIC
- Shri Vinit Kumar has taken charge as the chief executive officer of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVlC), Mumbai, Maharashtra.Shri Vinit Kumar, an IRSEE officer of 1993 batch.
- He has served as the Chairman of Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port, Kolkata (erstwhile Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Port, Kolkata from 2018-2020).He has served as Chief Electrical Engineer in Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. and looked after World Bank funded MUTP projects.He had served as Secretary, Central Railway and gained experience in general administration.
Founded : 1957
Headquarters : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Chairman: Manoj Kumar
9. Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first male player to score in five FIFA World Cups
- Portugese striker Cristiano Ronaldo became the first male player to score in five FIFA World Cups when he converted from the spot against Ghana in the Group H game in Qatar.The 37-year-old set the record when he smashed home a penalty in the 65th minute at the 974 Stadium after he was brought down in the box.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored in the 65th minute from the penalty spot to open the scoring at Doha’s stadium 974, which was also the 118th goal of his country.
10. Dharmendra Pradhan Launches The Book ‘India: The Mother Of Democracy’ Prepared And Published By ICHR
- Union Education & Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released the book India. The Mother of Democracy’ prepared and published by Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) in New Delhi . Prof. Raghuvendra Tanwar, Chairperson, ICHR, and Prof.
- Umesh Ashok Kadam, Member Secretary, ICHR were also present on the occasion. The book is an attempt to showcase the democratic ethos ingrained in India since the dawn of civilisation.