Current Affairs 26 November 2022Current Affairs 26 November 2022
1. Constitution Day is celebrated every year on 26th November
- Constitution day 2022 is observed on the 26th of November 2022. On November 26, 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India formally adopted the Constitution of India.It came into force on January 26, 1950.
- Constitution Day aims to bring awareness about the importance of the Constitution and Dr. B R Ambedkar.Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, chairman of the drafting committee, is considered to be the chief architect of the Constitution of India.He is also called the Father of the Indian Constitution.
2. Railways to export Vande Bharat trains by 2025-26
- The railways is looking at becoming a major exporter of Vande Bharat trains by 2025-26 to markets in Europe, South America and East Asia, a senior official said on Friday, adding that the latest version of the indigenous trains with sleeper coaches will be operational by the first quarter of 2024.
About Indian Railways:
Founded: 6 May 1836
Headquarters: New Delhi
Minister: Ashwini Vaishnaw
3. Assam Government Launches New Tourism Policy – Assam Tourism Policy 2022
- The Assam Government has decided to launch a new Tourism Policy -Assam Tourism Policy 2022, in a bid to further the growth of the tourism sector in Assam.
- The new tourism policy was unveiled on the sidelines of ‘Assam Tourism Road Show 2022’, hosted by the Department of Tourism, Government of Assam.To promote sustainability by limiting the negative effects of tourism on social, environmental, and economic sectors while ensuring the positive effects.
Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Chief Minister : Himanta Biswa Sarma
4. Madurai’s Arittapatti village notified as Tamil Nadu’s ‘First Biodiversity Heritage Site’
- The Tamil Nadu government issued a notification declaring the Arittapatti village near Melur in Madurai district, Tamil Nadu (TN) as a biodiversity heritage site under Section 37 of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002.It is Tamil Nadu’s first & India’s 35th Biodiversity Heritage Site (BHS).
- The Site spreads in an area of 215 hectares in Arittapatti and Meenakshipuram villages in the Madurai district.
About Tamil Nadu:
Governor: R. N. Ravi
Chief Minister: M. K. Stalin
5. Qatar signs world’s ‘longest’ gas supply deal with China
- QatarEnergy announced a 27-year natural gas supply deal with China calling it the “longest” ever seen as it strengthened ties with Asia while Europe scrambles for alternative sources.The state energy company will send 4 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas annually from its new North Field East project to China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec).
- The deal marks the longest gas supply agreement in the history of the LNG industry.
Official language: Mandarin
President: Xi Jinping
6. Federal Bank launches NRE deposits with higher interest rates
- Federal Bank launched a deposit scheme for Non Resident Indians (NRIs) titled ‘Deposit Plus’, which offers higher interest than the existing Non-Residential External (NRE) NRE fixed deposits.
- The maximum interest rate offered in this scheme is 50 percent for a tenure of 700 days.The interest accrued on this scheme will be added to the principal (reinvestment plan) on a quarterly basis.
About Federal Bank :
CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
7. Airtel Payments Bank rolls-out e-KYC based on face authentication for opening savings account
- Airtel Payments Bank, a fintech subsidiary of Bharti Airtel, has launched a Face Authentication-based savings bank accounts.Airtel Payments Bank is the first Payments Bank in the country to offer this facility.
- The Business Correspondents (BCs) of the bank would be able to open an account for the user just by undertaking the face authentication e-KYC (Know Your Customer).
About Airtel Payments Bank :
Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
MD & CEO: Anubrata Biswas
8. AYUSH increases from US$ 3 billion to US$ 18 billion
- According to Union Ayush Minister Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, AYUSH revenue increased by 17% between 2014 and 20 to reach US$18.1 billion.
- Despite a decline in economic activity in 2020 due to the pandemic, the industry is predicted to reach US$ 20.6 billion in 2021 and US$ 23.3 billion in 2022, according to the Research and Information System for Developing Countries.
9. Rajendra Pawar receives the FICCI Lifetime Achievement Award in 2022
- At the 8th FICCI Higher Education Excellence Awards ceremony, the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) presented Rajendra Singh Pawar, Chairman & Founder, of NIIT, with the “Lifetime Achievement Award 2022.”
- The award honours Pawar for his outstanding work and significant contributions to education as well as for founding the IT Training sector.
President: Sanjiv Mehta
Headquarters: New Delhi
10. Bhukya from Telangana and Patri from Odisha both won national U-13 badminton titles
- Nishanth Bhukya of Telangana and Tanvi Patri of Odisha won the boys’ and girls’ singles titles at the 34th Under-13 National Badminton Championships, respectively, with contrasting victories at the UP-Badminton Academy.
- Patri recently won her first National U-13 Ranking Tournament in Maharashtra, and she played brilliantly against Gautam from Agra.