Current Affairs 01 October 2022Current Affairs 01 October 2022
1. International Coffee Day 2022 celebrates on 01st October
- International Coffee Day is celebrated every year on 01st October .
- Coffee is one of the most loved beverages across the globe. For many of us, the day doesn’t start without a sip of the rich flavours of our favourite drink be it espresso, latte or cappuccino. Many times, we meet new friends or go on date over coffee. And to celebrate this amazing and aromatic drink, October 1 is marked as International Coffee Day.
- The day is celebrated by the 77 member states of the International Coffee Organisation and dozens of coffee associations from around the world. This year the theme of the day is committed to coffee farmers’ prosperity to reduce the coffee industry’s impact on the environment and mitigate climate change.
2. 5G Launch: PM Modi says rollout of 5G a gift to 130 billion Indians
- The nation’s 5G services were officially inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1st, 2022, ushering in a period of ultra-high-speed mobile internet, according to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office. The sixth iteration of the India Mobile Congress was also launched by PM Modi.
- The usage of 5G technology will go beyond providing quick internet access and has the potential to alter lives. In order to fully utilise this new technology, PM Modi advised the executives of the telecom industry association to visit the nation’s universities and high schools. A supportive ecosystem for MSMEs to prepare replacement parts for electronic manufacturing was another thing he encouraged them to do.
3. Hero MotoCorp Appoints Movie Star Ram Charan New Brand Ambassador
- The Hero MotoCrop has appointed actor Ram Charan as the new brand ambassador. Hero MotoCrop, the country's largest two-wheeler maker has launched the Hero GIFT Programme.
- The Hero GIFT stands for the Grand Indian Festival of Trust. This initiative includes exciting model refreshers, retail benefits, several financing schemes, pre-booking offers, and many more.
About Hero MotoCorp
Headquarters: New Delhi
Founder: Brijmohan Lall Munjal
Founded: 19 January 1984
4. Vladimir Putin Declares Annexation Of 4 Ukrainian Regions by Russia
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on 30 September announced that Russia is annexing four regions of Ukraine.
- In defiance of the international community and international law, Putin on Friday signed treaties to begin the process of absorbing parts of Ukraine into Russia. The four regions being annexed are Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine and Kherson and Zaporizhzhia in southern Ukraine.
5. World’s largest safari park to be developed in Gurugram
- The 10,000-acre safari park will cover Gurugram and Nuh districts. This project will be the largest such project in the world. Sharjah is home to the largest curated safari park outside Africa. Opened in February 2022, the Sharjah Safari covers an area of about 2,000 acres.
- The proposed Aravalli park would be five times more this size and it would include a large herpetarium (a zoological exhibition space for reptiles and amphibians), aviary/bird park, four zones for big cats, a large area for herbivores, an area for exotic animal birds, an underwater world, nature trails, visitors, tourism zones, botanical gardens, biomes, equatorial, tropical, coastal, desert, etc,"
6. Active credit cards drop 2.3 million in August over new RBI norms
- The outstanding credit card base dropped to 77.99 million in August from over 80 million in July, mainly on account of the new norms of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that warrant the deactivation of cards that are inactive for a year. While there was a 2.8 per cent decline in net card additions on a month-on-month (MoM) basis in August, a first in many months, credit card spends slipped 3 per cent on a high base. Still, spends topped the Rs 1-trillion mark for the sixth consecutive month.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Founded: 1 April 1935
First Governor: Sir Osborne Smith
7. N S Rajan named as the new chairman of ASCI
- The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) on 29th September appoints NS Rajan as chairman,
- Saugata Gupta, Managing Director & CEO, Marico Ltd was elected as Vice-Chairman, while Shashidhar Sinha, Chief Executive Officer at IPG Mediabrands India was appointed Honorary Treasurer.
- Subhash Kamath, the outgoing chairman, will now be a part of the Consultative Committee of the board, which, among other activities, mentors the new initiatives of the organisation.
About The Advertising Standards Council of India
Secretary General: Manisha Kapoor
8. Bank of Baroda launches ‘Khushiyon ka Tyohaar’
- Bank of Baroda (BOB) has announced to launch of ‘Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar’. The ‘Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar’ includes a series of offers as an annual festival campaign. The bank will offer to attractive interest rates on a home loans, car loans, education loans, and many more during the ‘Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar’ campaign.
- The BOB customers will receive many benefits through the ‘Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar’ campaign.
- The offers and benefits include pre-payments, part-payment charges, concessional processing charges, and longer tenure of seven years.
- Bank of Baroda (BOB) home loans are available at a competitive interest rate beginning at 7.95% per annual with no processing charges.
- The BOB customers will be given a special rate starting from 7.95% per annum on BOB car loans.
- The facilities are available through the BOB World mobile app, Net banking, and the Bank of Baroda website for both existing and new customers.
About Bank of Baroda
Headquarters: Alkapuri, Vadodara
Founded: 20 July 1908
9. Amazon launches AmazeWIT Circles to upskill women in technology
- Amazon India launched ‘AmazeWIT Circles’, a dedicated networking virtual event to educate women and prepare them for careers in technology.
- The ‘AmazeWIT Circles’ is designed for seasoned software development engineers. The half-day-long virtual event is led by technology leaders at Amazon who cover topics relevant to technical upliftment and sustained career development.
- While women are taking up and growing in various roles within the technology space, the numbers are still lower due to a lack of exposure and mentorship. The launch of AmazeWIT Circles, which is a unique networking and learning event for women from the technology space to connect, engage, and educate themselves. The speed mentoring will also help them demystify what to expect in tech careers.
Founder: Jeff Bezos
Headquarter: Washington, United States
Chief Executive Officer: Andy Jassy
10. Mastercard to launch ‘carbon calculator’ for Indian consumers
- Mastercard, a global payment and technology company is set to launch Carbon Calculator features. Mastercard is in talks with Indian Banks to launch the Carbon Calculator feature which will offer the consumers an estimated carbon footprint for each of their purchases.
- Carbon Calculator is a service that will be provided to banks. It is a personalized carbon footprint tracker that can tell consumers the cumulative effect of carbon footprint across various spending categories in a month. It has already been launched in several countries, now it will be launched in India too.
- Mastercard Carbon Calculator is developed with the collaboration of Swedish Fin-tech Doconomy and it is currently used in 25 countries. The banking partners can also embed the tracking tool in their websites or mobile apps.
Chief Executive Officer: Michael Miebach
Founded: 3 November 1966,
Headquarters: New York, United States