Ultimate Tips To Attempt English Section In SBI PO Exam 2019
As SBI PO exam is approaching, it is high time to prepare for the same. You have the great opportunity to clear this exam. Among all the sections in the bank exams, English is the most crucial section. To clear the sectional cutoff of this section is not a cakewalk.
Here are some important tips which must be followed while attempting English Section:
- To develop the comprehensive understanding of English, you ought to evolve the habit of listening and reading. Listening is the method which helps learning a language in natural way and hence assists you to develop the deep understanding of English subconsciously. You just have to flood your head with this language so that you can use your knowledge whenever it is needed. For this you can watch TED TALKS, You Tube videos, etc. It's better if they are watched with subtitles.
- To know the grammar rules is equally important. Reading is the only method by which understanding of grammar rules can be improved. After comprehending the grammar rules, clearing English exam will not be a big deal. You can read anything in your area of interest from a good writing source like standard English newspapers or novels etc. You can answer every question in exam if you read newspaper on daily basis. Be it Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled Sentences, Reading Comprehension anything.
- As newspapers comprise almost all the knowledge of national and international issues, hence, you will also be prepared for questions regarding current affairs. Students who have cleared this exam tell that they had developed the habit of reading newspaper. Therefore, I would like to recommend you to make it a part of your routine and read for 30-60 minutes in a day.
- Practice is something which cannot be skipped if you are preparing for bank exam. Practice Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Sentence Jumbles, Sentence Matching every day. By practicing you'll get better day by day and there will be no chance of committing mistakes in the exam. Try to add a few new words to your vocabulary every day. Also try to learn idioms. These will help you to answer the questions like Fill in the Blanks, Antonyms-Synonyms, Misspelled Words. For practice you can go for Mock Tests. Basically, the idea is getting habitual of answering the questions in minimum possible time.
- With all that given above, it is also important to be aware of the pattern of English section. Out of 100 questions, 30 questions will be of English Language. On the basis of last year exam, these 30 questions will be divided as mentioned below:
Name of the Topic
Expected number of Questions
Fill in the Blanks
Idioms and Phrases
NOTE: Sometimes, difficult questions appear in the starting to make you anxious; don't get nervous while attempting the questions. So, the golden tip to qualify an exam is to keep composure while answering the questions. Since nervousness can reduce your efficiency. Hopefully, you will prepare well and give your best in the SBI PO exam.
"You Can and You Will"
Team - Make My Exam
CRACK SBI PO 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI PO Exam to guide you through your preparations.Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!