Retail Banking for SBI Clerk Exam 2018 || Banking Awareness ||
Meaning: Retail Banking is activity devised in past few years and now used extensively. It represents any banking which is not wholesale based. It includes any business that is conducted through branch network which is mainly focused towards personal sector. It encompass all institutions who provides a related range of banking services-Money deposit, credit services and some form of financial advice Retail banking today is characterized by three areas
- Multiple products (deposits, credit cards insurance, investment)
- Multiple channels of distribution (call centre, branch interest)
- Multiple customer groups (consumer, small business)
Need for Retail Banking
- Economic prosperity and the consequent increase in the purchasing power of customer.
- Technological factors also added to the requirement convenience of using credit cards, internet and phone banking anywhere and anytime banking has also flooded customers into banking.
- Decline in interest rates has also contributed to increase in retail banking.
- With the large corporate borrowers having diversified their sources to fund their financial requirements, frequent reduction in cash reserve ratio resulting in pumping in of liquidity, declining bank rate leading to decline in spreads, un-attractive yields on government securities etc. have all forced banks to be in search of alternative opportunity to deploy their funds.
Segments in Retail Banking
There are three important segments in retail banking which included
- Deposit products (convenient deposit schemes such as flexi-deposits)
- Loan products (such as housing loan, education loans, conveyance loans, personal loans for diverse purposes such as medical expenses)
- Other products
Besides there are a number of value added services such as free collection of outstation instrument, concession in service fee in case of remittances, issue of free ATM cards, waiver of fee on credit cards and utility services such as payment of water, electricity and phone bill
Crack SBI Clerk 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!