Questions Based On Fill in the Blanks for SSC CGL Exam 2018 - Set 53
Direction (1-10): In each of the following sentences, one word is omitted and four alternatives are given against each sentence. You need to select the alternative which makes the sentence grammatically correct and meaningful.
1. There will be __________ if the beneficiaries of the health insurance scheme are left out.
(a) counterblast (b) backlash
(c) Either (a) or (b) (d) None of the above
2. The farm loan waiver has left the state government with huge financial________.
(a) increments (b) constraints
(c) conditions (d) None of the above
3. In April, the gangster had allegedly executed a murderous ________ on Punjabi singer.
(a) condition (b) allegations
(c) assault (d) None of the above
4. The journalist’s rebellious comments have hurt the religious _________ of a majority of people.
(a) sentiments (b) arguments
(c) recoup (d) None of the above
5. The escapee sustained two bullet injuries in his leg in retaliatory _______ by the police.
(a) defence (b) firing
(c) offence (d) None of the above
6. The writer has misused his freedom of expression which has caused ___________ and adverse reactions from various quarters.
(a) acrimony (b) resentment
(c) hostility (d) All of the above
7. NCLT bench said that Mistry was _________ because the company’s board had lost confidence in him.
(a) employed (b) ousted
(c) hired (d) None of the above
8. It is mandatory for the mobile manufacturers to bring out at least one handset that meets ___________ criteria for the differently abled people.
(a) eligibility (b) approachability
(c) accessibility (d) None of the above
9. The manager has come out with its policy prescription that entails over a ___________ recommendations.
(a) dozen (b) number
(c) paltry (d) None of the above
10. Mohit served the main course, and Rohit _________the wine.
(a) take (b) had taken
(c) was taking (d) None of the above
Answers With Explanation:
1. Option (c) is the right alternative as both the options can fill the blank appropriately. Backlash means strong criticism by someone.
2. Option (b) is the right alternative as cancellation of loans will lead to constraints for the state's government.
Constraints mean limitations or restrictions.
3. Option (c) is the right alternative as assault means physical attack.
4. Option (a) is the right alternative as this is the only relevant option.
Recoup means to earn back.
5. Option (b) is the most appropriate alternative as the escapee must have sustained injury due to firing by the police. Mere defensive actions may or may not injure the escapee.
6. Option (d) is the right alternative as all of them are synonyms and they mean enmity, bitterness or ill feeling.
7. Option (b) is the right alternative as the NCLT must have expelled Mistry if the board has lost confidence in him.
Ousted means expelled.
8. Option (c) is the right alternative as it makes the sentence meaningful.
9. Option (a) is the only relevant alternative.
Paltry means very small.
10. Option (d) is the right alternative as none of the options make the sentence grammatically or meaningfully correct. The correct option would be ‘poured’.
CRACK SSC CGL 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SSC-CGL- Tier-1 Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SSC CGL last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
IBT Institute offers you the most trusted and highly recommended Study Material for SSC-CGL- TIER-1 Exam. We are proud to say that More than 250 Candidates were selected last year who followed IBT Course Material.