How To Crack IDBI Executive Exam 2018 | Preparation Strategies To Crack IDBI Executive Exam 2018
As you all know that IDBI Bank invites applications from the eligible and suitable candidates for Executive posts to be filled on contract basis at its different Branches and Offices. The application was begun from Feb. 06, 2018 onwards and was closed on Feb. 28, 2018, and the exam is going to be conducted on 28th April 2018.Those who are preparing for the IDBI bank Exam, here we are going to help them by discussing the strategies to crack the CPT exam for IDBI Executive posts. Before enlisting the strategies, let’s discuss the exam pattern of the exam:
Exam pattern of IDBI Executive Exam:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||50||50||Composite|
time of 90
|2||Test of Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|3||Test of English Language||50||50|
Section wise strategies to crack IDBI Executive Exam:
Strategies for reasoning section
Reasoning section and Quantitative Aptitude contains 50 questions of 50 marks each in IDBI Executive exam, so to score higher marks in reasoning section and Quantitative Aptitude of any examination, firstly you should know about the important topics of the section in each exam. Here we are going to discuss the important topics of reasoning section and Quantitative Aptitude in IDBI Executive exam and then we will discuss the strategies to score higher marks in reasoning section.
Important topics of reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude section in IDBI Executive exam:
|Important Topics of Reasoning||Important topics of Quantitative Aptitude|
|Puzzles and seating arrangement||Data Interpretation|
|Coding Decoding (New pattern expected)||Simplification/ Approximation|
|Alphanumeric series||Miscellaneous (S.I/C.I, Speed & Time, Profit & loss, Time & Work, Averages, Ages, Partnerships, Ratios, Percentage, etc.)|
|Alphabet test/Number test||-|
|Miscellaneous(Blood relation, Direction, Ranking)||-|
Strategies for reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude section:
- Firstly try to solve the section in which you have a great command to solve in a minimum interval of time with 100% accuracy.
- Start your exam section by solving the questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and other such other topics, which are generally less time-consuming.
- Don’t waste your time to solve the lengthy or tricky question at starting. Just by looking at the question you should realize if it is time taking or confusing, and you can do it only by regular practice.
- Don’t hesitate to skip your weak topics in reasoning section and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The Exam is almost about time management skills rather than testing your knowledge, so be smart while attempting questions.
- Keep practicing the questions by setting the timer on a daily basis to get used to the types of questions as well as time management, so that you can solve as many as you can in short span of time.
- Your overall scores depend upon your speed and accuracy, so try to solve the questions with short tricks.
- Keep practicing on official site of MAKE MY EXAM in daily quiz section.
Tips to solve Puzzles and seating arrangement:
- Always solve the Puzzles and seating arrangement question at the end because this section is a little bit time-consuming.
- This section can cost you more than it gives you in the examination due to lack of practice or inattentiveness.
- You may get puzzled a lot during your interactive session of these questions. You are supposed to make every piece of information given in the questions fall into place so that you get the answers t your questions.
- Daily solve 3-4 puzzles with a timer set at 8-10 minutes.
- You should have to prepare for serious head scratching during these puzzles questions.
Tips to solve coding and decoding:
- Check whether the sequences in the questions are in an ascending or descending order.
- Pay attention to the numbers and alphabets in the given code.
- Always remember the sequencing of alphabets from 1 to 26 or if you haven’t remembered the sequencing then write the alphabets with sequence before starting the exam on your rough sheet. This strategy will save your time during the exam and cover your time before starting the exam (the given 1 hour before starting the exam).
- Look for rules or patterns that the questions might follow. This will give you definite answers due to conceptual understanding.
- Always pay attention that either the answer is asked in coding form or decoding form because the students get confused in these two terms.
Tips to solve syllogism:
- Always draw Venn diagrams in both definite and indefinite forms which will give you the right conclusion.
- Always read conclusions before reading the statement, this will help you to analyze either the question is asked on the possibility or non-possibility case.
Strategies for English section:
Prepare your own study plan:
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
- So while focusing on above quote, planning is the main strategy to crack any exam. Create a solid plan where you add all important tasks, breaks, revision, practice, and tests.
Study topic wise:
Always focus on one topic at a time and try to solve the different types of questions and mock tests of that particular topic.
- When we studied in the school, It’s generally suggested to read the paragraph first and then to read the questions of the comprehension but dear students in competitive exams, it’s not sensible because you can’t underline the important information which is asked in the questions. So to save the time and to increase your accuracy, you should read the questions first and then read the comprehension.
- Its generally suggested that always attempt the RC questions at the last of the examination because this is little bit time-consuming section.
- These questions are easy and help you to improve your performance. If you are confused between two options, then move onto to the next question, solve it and come back to the question where you are confused. You will now have a better idea of the correct choice.
Fill in the blanks:
- Go with the elimination rule and you can easily solve this section by eliminating options and getting them down to 50-50 choice. Again, trust your instinct for choosing between the two options.
Watch English Movies/Videos:
- Always watch English Movies or Videos to increase your vocabulary, spoken English and it will also help you to attempt sentence completion and para jumbles in the Exam.
Communicate in English:
- Try to communicate in English, it will feel you uncomfortable and shy in the starting but later you will soon discover that with more talking, your confidence, as well as your accuracy, is increasing. This will help you to increase your command on English section in the exam.
Read the newspaper every day:
- Candidates should read one standard newspaper daily to improve their English. It will take time and they have to focus and concentrate on the news. Mostly, the reading comprehension comes from the National newspapers and “The Hindu” is the most loving newspaper by question paper setters. Don’t spend the whole day in reading but read it’s national, international, sports, business and editorial section, which makes you updated with current affairs and comfortable to their writing style which is really difficult to understand for the new one.
Perfection in grammar:
- Candidates should have a good command of grammar to solve questions like Error correction and error spotting. So at start learn the basic grammar skills.
- To improve your vocabulary, learn some new words daily and try to practice in the daily use. Newspaper reading also improves your vocabulary and also read different preparation books to improve their English section.
The practice of sample papers/Mock test:
- This is very important to use the sample papers as they contain the exact type of questions which are always asked in the examination and candidates get to know what exactly they have to prepare and they can prepare it their own way. Candidates from all the categories will need to practice the papers well which will improve their performance.
Revision of all topics:
“Revision is the heart of learning anything”
Revise your syllabus. It’s important to revise topics to retain the information. Through revision, you will be able to focus on your weak areas.