Current Affairs September 19, 2017
1. Jharkhand Government launches Shaheed Gram VikasYojna:
- Jharkhand Government has launched Shaheed Gram VikasYojna for developing the villages of freedom fighters in the state.
- These villages belonging to tribal freedom fighters were neglected for a very long time due to considerable presence of left wing extremism.
- Under the scheme, the Government will provide the basic amenities to the villagers apart from improving the infrastructure of the village.
2. Home Ministry launches Intelligence wing of SSB:
- To further enhance the operational efficiency of SashastraSeemaBal, the Union Home Ministry has launched an intelligence wing for it.
- 650 field and staff agents of the wing will gather actionable information. The personnel of the wing will be deployed on India-Nepal and India-Bhutan borders without any restriction on the movement of people on either side due to visa free facility.
- SSB is one of the five paramilitary forces of India that guards the country’s border with Nepal and Bhutan.
3. Google launches UPI based digital payment service - Tez:
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched Google’s Unified Payment Interface (UPI) based digital payment service Tez.
- The application will be available on Android and IOS and can be used to pay for utility bills, movie tickets and other online transactions.
Unified Payment Interface (UPI):
- It is a system that facilitate instant transfer of funds between two bank accounts on mobile without requiring the details of the card, net banking, IFSC code etc.
- The system has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
|CLICK HERE TO READ 17&18 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. YC Modi appointed as the Director general of NIA:
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has appointed the 1984 batch IPS officer YC Modi as the Director General of National Investigation agency (NIA).
- He will succeed Sharad Kumar.
National Investigation Agency (NIA):
- NIA is a central Counter terrorism Law Enforcement Agency which has been established to combat terrorism and terror financing. It was established Under NIA Act, 2008 after 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
5. Rajni Kant Mishra appointed as the new Director General of SSB:
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has appointed the 1984 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh Cadre Rajni Kant Mishra as the new Director General of SashastraSeemaBal.
- He will succeed Archana Ramasundaram.
- SSB is one of the five paramilitary forces of India that guards the country’s border with Nepal and Bhutan. It was established in 1963 following Indo-China war.
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!