Current Affairs September 12, 2017
1. Government reconstitutes six Cabinet Committees:
- After the recent cabinet reshuffle, the Government has reconstituted six committees of the Cabinet.
These six committees are:
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet: It is responsible for the appointments of higher ranks in the different departments of the Government.
- Cabinet Committee on Accommodation: It is responsible for the allotment of accommodation
- Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs: It is responsible for looking into the matters related to the progress of the Government’s business in the Parliament.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs: It deals with the matters related to the economic activities.
- Cabinet Committee on Security: It deals with the matters related to National security and defence expenditure.
- Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs: Also known as Super Cabinet, this committee deals with all the issues related to domestic and foreign affairs.
- Except for Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs which is headed by the Union Home Minister, all the other committees are headed by the Prime Minister.
2. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Japan in Silk Industry:
- With an aim to start collaborative research in the field of silkworm and silk industry, the Union Cabinet has given approval to a Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Japan in November 2016.
- The MoU will help to develop prolific hybrid silkworms which will improve the quality and manufacturing capacity of the Indian Sericulture Industry.
- India holds second place in silk industry after China.
3. Cabinet approval to the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill 2017:
- The Union Cabinet has given approval to introduce the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill 2017to increase the maximum limit of gratuity of employees by amending the Payment of Gratuity Act 1972.
- The employees of the Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous organizations in Government and private sectors who are not covered under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules 1972, will come under the ambit of this amendment.
4. CCEA approves survey project of Un-appraised Areas of Sedimentary Basins:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given approval to the survey project to acquire 48,243 Line Kilometer 2D seismic data for appraisal of Indian Sedimentary Basins.
- The project will be implemented by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Oil India Limited (OIL).
- India has total 26 sedimentary basins and this survey project will enhance further exploration and production activities.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE QUIZ BASED ON 10&11 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
5. FSSAI launches FoSCoRIS- an online platform for food inspection and sampling:
- With an aim to introduce transparency in food inspection and sampling, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has introduced a nationwide online platform-FoSCoRIS.
- The platform will bring together all the key stakeholders- food business, food safety officers and commissioners etc to verify compliance of food safety and hygiene standards.
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI):
- Working under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the agency is responsible for protecting public health through supervision of food safety and hygiene standards.
6. London tops in 2017 Global Financial Centers Index:
- London has secured the top spot in 2017 Global Financial Centres Index among 92 financial centers released by Z/Yen and China Development Institute.
- Mumbai secured 60th position.
Global Financial Centers Index:
- The Index Compares the competitiveness of the financial centers of the different countries based on five parameters: business environment, financial sector development, Infrastructure, human capital and reputation.
7. Indo-Afghanistan Strategic Partnership Council:
- The second edition of Indo-Afghanistan Strategic Partnership Council was recently held in New Delhi which was co-chaired by External Affairs Minister SushmaSwaraj and Afghan Foreign minister SalahuddinRabbani.
Four areas were discussed during the meeting:
- Transport (Motor Vehicle Agreement)
- New Development Partnership
|CLICK HERE TO READ 10&11 SEPTEMBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
CRACK IBPS PO 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!