Current Affairs Questions 7 and 8 February, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. ___________launched the 'Zero Fatality Corridor' (ZFC) to assess the cause for crashes on the stretch between Burari Chowk and Bhalswa chowk on the outer ring road.
A Delhi B Andhra Pradesh
C Maharashtra D Calcutta
2. International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation observed on which day/Date?
A 6 February B 8 February
C 10 February D 12 February
3. ISRO launches India's 40th communication satellite. What is the name of it?
A GSAT-31 B GSET
C GSAT-30 D GSAT-25
4. Which Campaign was launched by Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) on February 6, 2019 campaign for sustainability of the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status of villages across the country.
A Darwaza Band -Part 2 B Swachha Abhiyan
C Clean India D Swachta hi sewa
5. The government's push to provide clean cooking fuel to every household has turned India into the world's________ largest LPG consumer whose demand is projected to rise 34 per cent by 2025.
A First B Second
C Third D Fouth
6. Who has appointed as the secretary of the Ministry of Civil Aviation?
A Pradeep Singh Kharola B Sandeep Sharma
C Shaktikanta Das D Ranjan Gupta
7. Actor Vijay Sethupathi launched which mobile App at the Commissioner’s office that will help in tracing stolen mobiles ?
A DigiCop B Digismart
C Digistole D Digiweb
8. Which Country makes Siamese fighting fish national aquatic animal?
A Srilanka B Pakistan
C Nepal D Thailand
9. The Reserve Bank of India lowered the repo rate, or the interest rate at which it lends to commercial banks, by 25 basis points to ________.
A 6.25%. B 6%
C 5.25% D 5.75
10. In which City Parmanu Tech 2019 Showcases Indian Atomic Energy Conference held?
A New Delhi B Bengluru
C pune D Mumbai
Answer and Explanation:-
The Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi govt on launched the 'Zero Fatality Corridor' (ZFC) to assess the cause for crashes on the stretch between Burari Chowk and Bhalswa chowk on the outer ring road.The initiative aimed at bringing down injuries and deaths due to road crashes and to be run in partnership with SaveLIFE Foundation, a leading road safety non-profit, was launched by Delhi's transport minister Kailash Gahlot.
Ans2(A) 6 February
In order to fight this phenomenon, which has affected at least 200 million women alive today in 30 countries, the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is celebrated on the 6th of February. The aim of the day, established by the United Nations on the 20th of December 2012 is to encourage governments, civil society and all involved parties to implement concrete actions and increase awareness campaigns against FGM.
ISRO launched India's 40th communication satellite, GSAT-31, onboard European launch services provider Arianespace launch vehicle,from French Guiana.The satellite was placed into the orbit within 42 minutes of its launch from Ariane Launch Complex at Kourou, a French territory located in the northeastern coast of South America, at 02:31 am (IST).
Ans4(A) 'Darwaza Band -Part 2'
The campaign was launched in Mumbai in the presence of actor Amitabh Bachchan, Maharashtra’s Minister for Water Supply and Sanitation Babanrao Lonikar, Secretary of Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation Parameswaran Iyer and other dignitaries.The 'Darwaza Band- Part 2' campaign is supported by the World Bank and will be rolled out countrywide immediately after the launch.
Under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) of providing free cooking gas (LPG) connection to poor, over 6.31 crore connections have been provided since the launch of the scheme on May 1, 2016.The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas estimates that LPG consumption would grow to 30.3 million tonnes by 2025 and 40.6 million tonnes by 2040. India becomes world's 2nd largest LPG consumer after government's Ujjawla push.
Ans6(A) Pradeep Singh Kharola
The government appointed Air India chief managing director and Chairperson Pradeep Singh Kharola the secretary of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.Kharola, an Indian Administrative Services officer of Karnataka cadre from the 1985 batch, was named chairperson of Air India in November 2017.
Actor Vijay Sethupathi launched the mobile App ‘DigiCop’ of city police department at the Commissioner’s office.The actor also released a DVD on CCTV awareness and several other police
campaigns to make the police department people friendly.The details of 18,000 stolen mobile phones are stored in the App. So next time someone is buying a phone from a second hand shop they can verify if the phone is stolen or genuine.
Tiny, testy and eye-catching with a colourful fin plumage, the Siamese fighting fish was named Thailand's national aquatic animal. Known in the West as a betta fish, the underwater brawler is popular in home aquariums for its iridescent body and many-hued tail.
The Reserve Bank of India lowered the repo rate, or the interest rate at which it lends to commercial banks, by 25 basis points to 6.25%. This is the first time in 17 months that the central bank has cut the rate.The reverse repo rate, too, was lowered to 6%, and the bank rate to 6.25%. The reverse repo rate is the rate at which the central bank borrows money from commercial banks.
Ans10(A) New Delhi
The Union Minister of State, Dr Jitendra Singh delivered the keynote address at the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference, organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) at new Delhi. The conference discussed issues related to Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies.