Current Affairs Questions 30 and 31 March, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. Which search engine was launching a global advisory council to consider ethical issues around artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies.
2. Who has launched the book “Indian Fiscal Federalism” authored by Dr. Y.V. Reddy and G.R. Reddy?
A Shaktikanta Das
B Ranjan Sharma
C Pawan Tripathi
D Sohan Kumar
3. Which bank has sold 13.01 per cent stake in PNB Housing Ltd (PNBHF) to General Atlantic Group and VardePartners for ₹1851.60 crore?
B Punjab National bank
C ICICI bank
D HDFC Bank
4. Prominent educationist, journalist, social worker and columnist, Prafulla Rajguru passed away due to hip injury.He was member of several organizations of wahich Sabha?
A Assam sahitya Sabha
B Maharashtra Sahitya Sabha
C Gram Sabha
D Rastriya Sabha
5. ________has signed an agreement to use the southern Omani ports of Duqm and Salalah.
6. Who has Conferred With Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award in Switzerland?
A Dr. Rajendra Kumar Joshi
B Rohit Kumar
C Dr. Satendra Sinha
D Pritika Sharma
7. The finance minister decided to keep the interest rate unchanged on small savings schemes for the three-month period beginning April 1. What is the rate of Interest on small saving schemes?
A 7 %
8. ISRO's PSLV C45 lifted off from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, carrying India's ________defence satellite along with 28 nano satellites of global customers
9.Which is the capital of Rawanda?
10. Four Indigenous _________ Howitzers Inducted Into Indian Army?
Answers With Explanation:-
Alphabet's Google was launching a global advisory council to consider ethical issues around artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies.Google already has its own internal AI principles, which, among other provisions, bars the California-based tech firm from using AI to develop weapons.
Ans2(A) Shaktikanta Das
The Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Shaktikanta Das launched the book “Indian Fiscal Federalism” authored by Dr. Y.V. Reddy and G.R. Reddy.The launch event of the book was addressed by the Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission NK Singh, in New Delhi.
Ans3(B) Punjab National Bank
PNB inks pacts to sell 13% in housing arm for ₹1,852 crore .The new investors picked up about 6.50 per cent stake each in the housing finance company by investing ₹925.80 crore.The public sector bank also informed the exchanges that it has sold its entire stake (42 lakh unlisted shares) in Experian Credit Information Company India Ltd.
Ans4(A) Assam sahitya Sabha
He was the founder president of Jorhat Press Club, chairman of Jonaki Sangha Vidyalaya management committee for 20 years till his demise. He authored four books and was member of several organizations like Assam sahitya Sabha, and remained as adviser of Jorhat Press Club till his demise.
Oman has already given berthing rights to India and the United Kingdom to use its Duqm port as it utilizes its reputation for neutrality to bolster its external security.This deal is aimed at bolstering Omani-American military relations.The deal will benefit the facilities offered at some of the Sultanate’s ports and airports during visits of the US military vessels and aircraft, particularly in the port of Duqm.
Ans6(A) Dr. Rajendra Kumar Joshi
Dr Rajendra Kumar Joshi, has been awarded with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award for his contributions in the field of science, education and medicine, promoting the honour and prestige of India. Dr Joshi, who belongs to Rajasthan, is a scientist of Indian origin and is based in Switzerland.
The announcement covers small-saving schemes such as the Post Office Saving Accounts, Post Office Time Deposits, the National Saving Certificates (NSC), the Public Provident Fund (PPF), the Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) and Sukanya Samriddhi.The unchanged interest rate means the NSC (5 years) and the PPF (15 years) will fetch 8 per cent interest, while money deposited in KVP will double in little over nine years.
ISRO's PSLV C45 places DRDO defence satellite EMISAT along with 28 nano satellites in orbit.As the 27-hour countdown concluded, the nearly 50-metre tall rocket, a new variant of ISRO's trusted work horse PSLV-QL, blasted off from the second launch pad at the spaceport of Sriharikota at 9:27 am.
In a major fire-power boost for the country, four indigenous 'Dhanush' Howitzer guns were inducted to the Indian Army at a ceremony held the Ordnance factory in Jabalpur.The Dhanush guns have been tested to withstand extreme conditions like rainfall and snow, and have also been built for use in multiple terrains, from plains, to sand and especially in hilly areas.