Current Affairs Questions 11 and 12 April, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. Military forces of India and Which Country together participate in a joint exercise in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi?
2. Which App has been launched by Ram Nath Kovind for families of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in the line of duty?
A Veer Jawan
B Veer Putra
C Veer Parivar
D Desh ke Veer
3. Who has been appointed as First Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High court?
A Vikram Nath
B Sundar Sham
C Ranjan Sharma
D Arun Nath
4. On Which Day World Homeopathy Day 2019 is observed ?
A 8 April
B 10 April
C 14 April
D 20 April
5. The first bi-annual Commanders’ Conference of IAF for the year 2019 began at the Air Headquarters Vayu Bhawan. What is the theme of it?
A Enhancing our operational capability in the short and long term
B Enhancing the growth of Air warriors
C Enhancing our Potential to their force
D None of these
6. Which Bank has partnered with credit profiler CreditVidya to improve the lender's customer experience?
A Capital First
C Dena Bank
D Vijya Bank
7. India's which technology startup has been baged a USD 25000 Global Tech Prize?
A Dost Education
B Education Hub
8. Who is the first Indian woman to win a medal in Paralympic Games and won a Silver medal at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in the shot put?
A Jayanti Behera
B Rinku Sharma
C Chandni Kumari
D Deepa Malik
9. Google releases which Platform to Give organizations the flexibility to run IT System ?
D None of these
10. Which is the Currency of Netherland ?
Answers With Explanation:-
The three-day exercise, ‘Bold Kurukshetra–2019’, is being conducted to develop military technology, boost maritime security and bolster the nations’ fight against terrorism.As per an official press note issued by the Indian government, the two countries had signed a cooperation agreement to strengthen the defence ties between Indian Military and Singapore Armed Forces in November, 2017.
Ans2(C) Veer Parivar
President Ram Nath Kovind has launched Veer Parivar App for families of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in the line of duty. It was launched on the occasion of the CRPF's 'Valour Day' observed on April 9.The day is observed by the force every year as a remembrance of the gallant fight back by a small contingent of the 2nd Battalion of CRPF against an attack by a Pakistani Brigade at the Sardar post in Gujarat’s Rann of Kutch on April 9, 1965.
Ans3(A) Vikram NathThe Supreme Court Collegium has recommended that Allahabad High Court judge, Justice Vikram Nath be appointed the first Chief Justice of the recently constituted Andhra Pradesh High Court at Amaravati.Justice Vikram Nath obtained his law degree in 1986. Following his enrolment in 1987, he practised in the Allahabad High Court.He was appointed an additional judge of the Allahabad High Court in 2004. He was made a permanent judge of the High Court in 2006.
Ans4(B) 10 April
Every year World Homeopathy Day is observed on April 10, the birthday of Dr Samuel Hahnemann who discovered Homeopathy in 1796.Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine based on the principle of ‘Like cures like’.
Ans5(A) Enhancing our operational capability in the short and long term
The first bi-annual Commanders’ Conference of IAF for the year 2019 began at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan).During the two day conference, discussions and deliberations will take place in line with the theme of the conference of ‘Enhancing our operational capability in the short and long term’.
RBL Bank has partnered with credit profiler CreditVidya to improve the lender's customer experience.Through this partnership, the private sector lender will be able to gain significant insights into its customer base.
Ans7(A) Dost Education
India’s education technology startup ‘Dost Education’ has bagged a USD 25,000 tech prize along with two other winners from Tanzania and Egypt.Dost was awarded for its ability to empower parents to take charge of their child’s early education by creating short, friendly audio content that is sent to them via their mobile phones.
Ans8(D) Deepa Malik
Rio Paralympics silver medallist Deepa Malik was named as the recipient of the New Zealand Prime Minister's Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019 in recognition of her "inspiring achievements".She became the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympic Games when she bagged a silver in shot put F 53 at the Rio Paralympics in 2016, scoring her personal best of 4.61m.
Google wraps off Anthos, an open platform designed to give organizations the flexibility to run IT systems across multiple clouds without the need for manual modifications.Anthos is based on the Cloud Services Platform that was first announced at last year’s Google Cloud Next, and launched as a beta earlier this year.