Current Affairs Questions 09 AND 10 May, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu will embark on a four-day official visit to Vietnam. Which is the capital of Vietnam?
B Da Nang
C Nha Trang
2. Which Telecom company and Hughes is going to merge their India VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) operations?
3. India and which country is going to produce movie on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman?
4. India's Jagjit Pavadia re-elected to International Narcotics Control Board. In which year International Narcotics Control Board Founded?
5. Which insurance company has decided to mark 6th of every month as Protection Day?
A Max Life Insurance
B PNB life Insurance
C HDFC Life Insurance
D None of these
6. Who is also known as the father of legal education system?
A NR Madhava Menon
B Rajesh Kumar
C PB Sinha
D Rohan Kumar
7. Which bank has become the first Indian bank to link interest rates to RBI's repo rate?
C Capital First
8. What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Red Cross Day?
A Healthy India
9. In which City the 15th Finance Commission will have meetings with the Reserve Bank of India?
A New Delhi
D None of these
10. Benjamin Netanyahu has been sworn in as Prime Minister of which of the following country?
Answers With Explanation:-
His visit is expected to enhance India’s comprehensive strategic partnership with the Southeast Asian nation. Upon his arrival in Vietnam’s Capital Honoi, Shri Naidu will address the Indian Community at a reception hosted by the Ambassador of India.
Bharti Airtel has decided to merge its broadband satellite, or VSAT, business with that of market leader Hughes Communications India, to create a stronger no. 1 in the space.VSAT is used to provide satellite based telecom and internet access to individuals and enterprise users. The new company will continue to be called Hughes Communications India Ltd., but the name could be changed in future.
India and Bangladesh will jointly produce a movie based on the life of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. It will be directed by eminent Indian filmmaker Shyam Benegal.A meeting was held between delegation of Information and Broadcasting Ministry led by Secretary Amit Khare and visiting Bangladeshi delegation in this regard in New Delhi.
In a significant victory, India's Jagjit Pavadia was re-elected to the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) for another term. She posted the highest number of votes at 44. Ms Pavadia has been a member of the INCB since 2015 and her current term is set to expire in 2020.
Ans5(A) Max life Insurance
Max Life Insurance Co Ltd, one of industry's foremost life insurance companies, announced that it will dedicate 6th day of every calendar month as 'Protection Day' towards driving awareness around the concept of financial protection.As a part of this initiative, a wide range of initiatives will be rolled out
across Max Life's network of over 240 Max Life's offices and a wider network of its distribution partners.
Ans6(A) NR Madhava Menon
Father of modern legal education in India, Dr.NR Madhava Menon has passed away.He is known for changing the face of Indian legal education by pioneering the establishment of National Law Schools. He was the founder Director of the National Law School of India University (NLSIU) and the National Judicial Academy, Bhopal and the founder Vice Chancellor of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS).
The World Red Cross Day (WRCD) is observed every year on May 8.This date is the anniversary of the birth of Henry Dunant, who was born on 8 May 1828. He was the founder of International Committee of the Red Cross.
The 15th Finance Commission will have meetings with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), banks and financial institutions on May 8 and 9 in Mumbai.The Commission is likely to discuss views on key macro-
economic assumptions, cost of borrowings for the Centre and states, requirements for the recapitalisation of banks.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was sworn in following his victory in the April 9 elections and will seek to form a governing coalition in the days ahead.He demanded that both the opposition and the ruling majority lay down their guards and unite in order to serve the Israeli public.