Current Affairs Questions 09 and 10 April, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. Who has been appointed as India men’s hockey team head coach ?
A Harendra Singh
B Sandeep Singh
C Birendra Lakra
D Graham Reid
2. The BSE has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which Bank with an objective to strengthen the BSE Startups platform?
3. The International Chamber of Commerce is the largest, most representative business organization in the world. Headquarters of ICC is situated in which Country?
4. _________becomes first city to implement 24x7 pollution charge zone.
C New york
D New Delhi
5. The Supreme Court directed the EC to increase random matching of VVPAT slips with EVMs to five polling booths per assembly segment. In VVPAT Word “A” Stands for?
D None of these
6. Which railway station has become the India's first ever railway station to get green ISO Certification?
7. Kaziranga National Park is Situated in which State?
B Andhra Pradesh
8.What is the name of the military exercise that held between Morocco –US in Morocco?
A Sampriti II 2019
B Agni 2019
C African Lion 2019
D Vayu 2019
9. Which Banking Institute Come up with guidelines for banks to set up new currency chests, which include minimum area of 1,500 square feet for strong room.?
A Reserve Bank of India
C State Bank of India
D None of these
10. Where is the headquarter of Asian Development Bank (ADB) located?
Answers With Explanation:-
Ans1(D) Graham Reid
The Sports Authority of India (SAI) gave its nod for the appointment of former Australian Graham Reid as the head coach of Indian men's hockey team.The 54-year-old Reid is likely to join the team midway through its national camp in Bengaluru.
The BSE has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with HDFC with an objective to strengthen the BSE Startups platform. The MoU has been signed to spread more awareness on the benefits of listing of startups on this BSE startup platform.
SUN Group Chairman Vikramjit Singh Sahney Monday elected as the new president of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) - India.He said the chamber would work with the government to promote India's external trade.
London became the first city in the world to implement a special Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) that would charge an entry fee for older vehicles if they do not meet the emission standards.In an attempt to reduce air pollution and protect public health, the ULEZ will be operational for 24 hours and seven days a week.
VVPAT is a specific machine that is used in elections to verify that the citizen's vote has been correctly placed. VVPAT means Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail. In times of political mudslinging about EVM tampering, a paper trail ensures that voter faith remains intact, strengthening participatory democracy.
The Guwahati Railway Station has become the first ever railway station in the Indian Railways to get an ISO certification from the National Green Tribunal (NGT) for “providing passenger amenities in a clean and green environment.”
Ans8(C) African Lion 2019
Personnel from the US Air Force 31st Fighter Wing and Royal Moroccan Air Force have taken part in F-16 aviation training during multilateral exercise African Lion 2019 at Ben Guerir Air Base in Morocco.The exercise is conducted in Morocco and Tunisia. Participants also include the armed forces of Canada, France, Senegal, Spain, and the UK.
Ans9(A) Reserve Bank of India
The central bank further said the currency chests should have CBL of Rs 1,000 crore, subject to ground realities and reasonable restrictions, at the discretion of the Reserve Bank.Earlier, a RBI appointed committee had recommended that the apex bank should encourage banks to open large currency chests with modern facilities and Chest Balance Limit (CBL) of at least Rs 1,000 crore.