Current Affairs Questions 08&09 March, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. India got its 61st Grandmaster when P Iniyan defeated GM Fedorchuk at the ongoing Noisiel Open in France. P Iniyan belongs to which State?
A Tamil Nadu
C Andhra Pradesh
D Uttar Pradesh
2. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched which Yojana in Dehradun under which 2.5 lakh children at 20,000 Anganwadi kendras in the state will be given 100 ml milk twice a week for free?
A Mukhyamantri jeevan Yojna
B Deen Dyal Yojnaa
C Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojna
D Atal Yojna
3. Soumya Swaminathan, a Deputy Director-General of the World Health Organisation has been named Chief Scientist of the WHO. Headquarters of World Health Organisation are situated in which City ?
B Washington DC
4.Who has been appointed as the Finance Secretary by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
A Saterdra Sinha
B Ram Vilas
C Jagat Prakash Nadda
D Subhash Chandra Garg
5. President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed _________ Governor of Assam, to discharge the functions of the Governor of Mizoram, until regular arrangements for the office of the Governor of Mizoram is made.
A Jagdish Mukhi
B Sumitra Kumari
C Rajnath Singh
D None of these
6. The Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) has won the 2018 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) award as the leading airport in size and region. Biju Patnaik International Airport has situated in which State ?
B Madhya Pradesh
D Arunachal Pradesh
7. Income Tax exemption limit on gratuity has been doubled from the existing Rs ________.
A 15 Lakh
B 10 Lakh
C 20 lakh
8. International Women’s Day observed on 8 march. What is the theme of International Women’s Day 2019?
A Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change
B Be Strong, Fight alone
C Innovate world with thinking
D Inspiration for World
9. United Bank of India, one of India’s premier Nationalized Banks signed a Bancassurance deal with which Insurance Company?
A HDFC Life Insurance Company.
B ICICI life Insurance Company
C PNB life Insurance Company
D None of these
10. Which Country is Planning to release a digital currency called SOV?
A Marshall Islands
Answers With Explanation:-
Ans1(A) Tamil Nadu
India got its 61st Grandmaster when P Iniyan defeated GM Fedorchuk at the ongoing Noisiel Open in France.The victory saw the 16-year-old from Erode cross the 2500-point in ELO ratings. Iniyan had bagged his third and final GM norm at the 41st International Barbera del Valles chess tournament at Barcelona in July last year.
Ans2(C) Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojna
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana in Dehradun under which 2.5 lakh children at 20,000 Anganwadi kendras in the state will be given 100 ml milk twice a week for free.Flavoured, sweet, skimmed milk powder will be made available to the 20,000 Anganwadi kendras across the state under the Amrit Yojana.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
Ans4(D) Subhash Chandra Garg
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved designating Garg as the Finance Secretary.Garg, 58, a 1983 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, has been working as the Secretary in Department of Economic Affairs since June 2017.
Ans5(A) Jagdish Mukhi
Kummanam Rajasekharan, the Governor of Mizoram, has resigned and the President of India has accepted his resignation. Kummanam, the former Kerala State BJP president, had been sworn in as Mizoram Governor on May 25, 2018.President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Jagdish Mukhi, Governor of Assam, to discharge the functions of the Governor of Mizoram, until regular arrangements for the office of the Governor of Mizoram is made.
The award is accorded on the basis of independent survey amongst passengers on various parameters of security, safety, experience, ambience, ease of availability and cleanliness, Hota stated. Chandigarh Airport, Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport in Indore, SM Badaruddin II Airport in Indonesia, SS Kasim II Airport in Indonesia and Yichang Sanxia Airport in China were also chosen for the award.
Ans7(B) 10 Lakh
Income Tax exemption limit on gratuity has been doubled to Rs 20 lakh from the existing Rs 10 lakh, a move that will benefit employees who are not covered by the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.The latest enhancement of tax exemption limit on gratuity follows a government notification issued on March 29, 2018, under which the ceiling was increased from Rs 10 lakh to 20 lakh effective March 29, 2018.
Ans8(A) Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change
International Women’s Day observed on 8 March every year to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women.The theme for International Women’s Day (8 March) this year, “Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change”, puts innovation by women and girls, for women and girls, at the heart of efforts to achieve gender equality.
Ans9(A) HDFC Life Insurance company
United Bank has a strong presence in rural and semi-urban areas with over 2,000 branches and offices while HDFC Life is India’s largest non-bank promoted private life insurer.This corporate-agency partnership is significant as United Bank of India undertook a rigorous selection process and evaluated 18 private Life insurers and finally selected HDFC Life.
Ans10(A) Marshall Islands
The Marshall Islands will launch the world's first legal tender cryptocurrency after a law passed by parliament earlier this week went unopposed by an official council.The nuclear-ravaged nation has partnered with Israeli company Neema to issue 24 million units of the Sovereign (SOV) digital currency. It will cap the number to prevent inflation.