Current Affairs Questions 07 March, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1.In which State Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate and lay the foundation stones for National Highways projects worth Rs 1,10,154 crore?
B Uttar Pradesh
D Andhra Pradesh
2. Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd and which Bank launched their merchant-acquiring joint venture?
A Punjab National Bank
B State Bank of India
C HDFC Bank
D ICICI Bank
3. Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the project BOLD-QIT on India-________ border in Dhubri District of Assam.
4. Which System has been launched by Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for Automatic Fare Collection ?
5. LIC Housing Finance has announced a tie-up with which corporation to offer a special loan scheme under which borrowers can repay the amount till the age of 75 years?
A India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation
B Railtel Corporation India
C Rail Vikas Nigam
D South Eastern Coalfields
6. Kaja Kallas, the leader of the Reform Party has been appointed as the first female Prime Minister of which Country?
7. Over a thousand yoga enthusiasts attempted to do the Virabathrasan for three minutes at one place, setting a Guinness World Record in Yoga.Interanational Yoga Day is observed on which Day/Date?
A 23 November
B 21 June
C 11 March
D 21 December
8. Which Bank has appointed Ashu Kullar as its CEO of India Business ?
A Punjab National Bank
B Citibank India
C ICICI Bank
D Yes Bank
9. Which City has been awarded the cleanest city in the country in the Swachh Survekshan 2019?
B New Delhi
10. Which Indian- American Personality has been appointed as new UNDP Goodwill Ambassador?
A Padma Lakshmi
B Rohini Pandit
C Mira Kappor
D None of these
Answers With Explanation:-
Ans1(B) Uttar Pradesh
Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate and lay the foundation stones for National Highways projects worth Rs 1,10,154 crore in Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.He will also inaugurate/lay foundation stone for several works under Namami Gange programme worth over Rs 1969.57 crore.
Ans2(B) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) and Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd, launched their merchant-acquiring joint venture.The joint venture (SBI has a 74 per cent stake, and the balance is with Hitachi Payment Services) will facilitate expansion of the digital payments landscape in India via its digital payments platform.
Border Security Force, BSF is responsible for safeguarding of over four thousand kilometer long International Border with Bangladesh. At various places, it is not possible to erect Border Fence due to the geographical barriers.The implementation of this project will not only help BSF to curb all types of cross border crimes but also provide respite to the troops from round the clock human surveillance.
BEL is taking up the large-scale manufacturing and deployment of the System at its manufacturing facilities.Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a defence public sector undertaking, presented SWAGAT - the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System.
Ans5(A) India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation
LIC Housing Finance has announced a tie-up with India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) to offer a special loan scheme under which borrowers can repay the amount till the age of 75 years.IMGC will provide LIC Housing Finance with mortgage guarantee which is a financial product that will compensate financial institutions for any losses that may arise on the mortgage loans due to default.
Kaja Kallas, the leader of the Reform Party has been appointed as the first female Prime Minister of Estonia.Kallas' party won 28.8 percent of the vote and 34 of the 101 seats in Estonia's parliament, closely followed by Ratas' Center party.
Ans7(B) 21 June
The record is a first of its kind in the history of Hong Kong, beating the previous record of 387, when more than 1011 yoga practitioners attempted the Virabathrasan.The previous record was of 387 people.
Ans8(B) Citibank India
Indore has been awarded the cleanest city in the country in the Swachh Survekshan 2019 (SS 2019) awards while Bhopal has been declared as the cleanest capital.Ujjain has bagged the award for being the cleanest city in the population category of 3 lakh to 10 lakh. The awards were presented by the President.
Ans10(A) Padma Lakshmi