Current Affairs Questions 05 December, 2018 | Daily GK Questions
1. The Delhi government launched a common mobility card which can be used by people for travelling in metro trains, DTC and cluster buses. What is the tagline of card?
A One Delhi, One Ride
B One State, One mission
C One Delhi, One train
D Suvida rail
2. Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik win gold at wrestling nationals recently. Vinesh had earlier won how many Nationals in a row from 2012 to 2016.
3. Who has been appointed as Chief Executive officer of International Association of Athletics Federation on the first day of its 215th Council Meeting in Monaco?
A Kristino Stewert
B Jon Ridgeon
D Robert Peterson
4. Ministry of Home affairs introduce ‘A Handbook for Students on Cyber Safety’ to Aware Students & Adolescents About which issues?
A Online Crimes & Threats
B Online Security issues
C Online Education
D Online Transactions
5. “Development of Tribal Circuit: Peren-Kohima-Wokha Project” will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Nagaland. This Project is launched under which Scheme?
A Swadesh Darshan
B Stand Up India Scheme
C Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana
D Jan Dhan to Jan Suraksha
6. Navy day is observed every year to celebrate the achievements, and role of the naval force in protecting and guarding the country. Navy day is observed on which day/Date?
A 5 December
B 8 December
C 10 November
D 4 December
7. The Indian Navy will conduct a large-scale coastal defence exercise next month to test the robustness of the entire coastal security apparatus. What is the name of exercise?
A Yudh Abyas
D Exercise sea vigil
8. Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Bangladesh in which year?
9. Which government launched a common mobility card which can be used by people for travelling in metro trains, DTC and cluster buses?
10. Board of Control for Cricket in India is India's national cricket governing body, BCCI headquartes are situated in which city?
A New Delhi
Answers and Explanation
Ans1(A) One Delhi, One Ride
The 'ONE' cards with tagline 'One Delhi, One Ride' have a background of cubic grid in bright shades of red and yellow. It will also have a circular unit with sketches of metro trains, DTC buses, auto rickshaws and monuments of the city. The minister along with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Managing Director Mangu Singh launched the 'rebranded' common mobility card named 'ONE'.
Vinesh Phogat announced her return from injury after a successful day out by grabbing the 57-kilogram title while Sakshi Malik too did not disappoint the crowd as she emerged the champion in the 62 kg on the second day of the Tata Motors Senior Women's National Championship.Bagging her sixth National title, Vinesh just conceded two points in five bouts. She had earlier won five Nationals in a row from 2012 to 2016.
Ans3(B) Jon Ridgeon
The IAAF announced the appointment of Jon Ridgeon as its new CEO following approval by the IAAF Council on the first day of its 215th Council Meeting in Monaco.Ridgeon, 51, has spent his life in sport, starting out as an athlete competing in both the 110m hurdles and 400m hurdles between 1984 and 1996. He is former British record holder and silver medallist in the 110m hurdles in the 1987 World Championships in Rome.
Ans4(A) Online Crimes and Threats
In a bid to increase the awareness of cyber crimes and threats, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has come out with a booklet on cyber safety for school students and teenagers. This cybersecurity steps can be accessed online cybercrime .gov. in.
Ans5(A) Swadesh Darshan
This is the first project to be implemented in the state under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.Swadesh Darshan scheme is one among the flagship schemes of the Ministry of Tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner.
Ans6(D) 4 December
India is commemorating the 47th Navy Day on Tuesday. Like elsewhere in the world, Navy Day in India too is celebrated with much fanfare and gusto. The enthralling performances of navy men during the annual Beating Retreat and Tattoo cereamony at the Gateway of India is now synonymous with Navy Day. Nonetheless, the significance of 4 December is unparalleled in independent India’s military history.
Ans7(D) Exercise sea vigil
The 'Exercise sea vigil' will involve all stake holders across mainland and Island territories, and will see the participation of all operational ships, submarines and aircraft as well as units of Indian coast guardsTheatre level operational readiness exercise 'Tropex' will begin from January and culminate in March, next year.
Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He is a left-handed opening batsman who played domestic cricket for Delhi, and captained Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League (IPL). The 37-year-old, who represented India in 58 Tests, 147 ODIs and 37 T20Is, made the announcement on social media. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Bangladesh in 2003, and played his first Test the following year against Australia.
The Delhi government launched a common mobility card which can be used by people for travelling in metro trains, DTC and cluster buses. The 'ONE' cards with tagline 'One Delhi, One Ride' have a background of cubic grid in bright shades of red and yellow. It will also have a circular unit with sketches of metro trains, DTC buses, auto rickshaws and monuments of the city.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act. It is a consortium of state cricket associations and the state associations select their representatives who in turn elect the BCCI chief.
CRACK IBPS CLERK EXAM
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS CLERK Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS CLERK last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS CLERK Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS CLERK Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!