Current Affairs Questions 05 and 06 May, 2019 | Daily GK Questions
1. Which E-commerce Platform has appoints Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma as first brand ambassadors?
D India Mart
2. Girl Bandana Dances For 126 Hours Straight To Set New World Record. She is native of which country?
3. Which telecom operator announced a five-year multi-million-dollar IT outsourcing deal with tech giant IBM?
D Both A&C
4. Bhushan Patil, president at Paytm, has quit the company. In which year Paytm has been started?
5. Which Stock Exchange appoints first independent woman Director Jayshree Vyas to its board?
A National Stock exchange
B Bombay Stock exchange
C Madras Stock exchange
D OTC Exchange of India
6. Which Cricketer recently released his autobiography titled ‘Game Changer’?
A Shahid Afridi
B Virat Kohli
C AB de Villiers
D M S Dhoni
7. Which Countries unmanned rocket named MOMO-3 took from a test site in Taiki?
8. What is the name of last captive white tiger died recently at Sanjay Gandhi National Park?
D None of these
9. World Laughter Day is observed annually on ____________?
A First Monday of May
B First Sunday of May
C First Saturday of May
D None of these
10. Which App has been launched by Ram Nath Kovind for families of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in the line of duty?
A Veer Jawan
B Veer Putra
C Veer Parivar
D Desh ke Veer
Answers With Explanation:-
Flipkart-owned fashion e-commerce platform Myntra announced that it had appointed celebrity couple Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma as its first brand ambassadors.Myntra has launched an integrated campaign called ‘Go Myntra-la-la’ which will be promoted across television, print, digital and outdoor.
A Nepali teenager danced continuously for 126 hours to set a Guinness World Records on "Longest Dancing Marathon by an Individual", a feat previously hold by an Indian.Bandana Nepal beat the record set by Kalamandalam Hemlatha, who danced continuously for 123 hours and 15 minutes in 2011.
Ans3(D) Both A & C
India's largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea Ltd announced a five-year multi-million-dollar IT outsourcing deal with tech giant IBM.The collaboration will provide Vodafone Idea with a hybrid cloud based digital platform to enable more intimate engagement with its over 387 million subscribers (as of
31 December, 2018), enhancing business efficiency.
Paytm was founded in August 2010 with an initial investment of $2 million by its founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma.Patil, who joined Paytm after a five year stint with Alibaba, had initially joined the Noida-based company to look after its cross border commerce business.
Ans5(B) Bombay Stock exchange
BSE, formerly known as the Bombay Stock Exchange, has finally appointed its first independent woman director Jayshree Vyas.BSE already has two non-executive women directors namely Usha Sangwan and
Rajeshree Sabnavis on its Board.
Ans6(A) Shahid Afridi
Pakistan’s former captain and star all-rounder Shahid Afridi recently released his autobiography, titled ‘Game Changer’.The book, co-authored by Afridi and journalist Wajahat S Khan, details some interesting and exciting information from the cricketer’s life.
An aerospace startup in Japan has successfully launched a rocket into space. It's the first privately developed Japanese spacecraft to reach orbit.The unmanned rocket named MOMO-3 took from a test site in Taiki on the northern Japanese island of Hokkiado.The successful flight lasted about 10 minutes, and came after two failed launches by the same company in 2017 and 2018.
The last captive white tiger named Bajirao died recently at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, in Borivali (Mumbai suburb). He was 18 years and died due to old age related issues. He was born at national park in 2001.
Ans9(B) First Sunday of May
Ans10(C) Veer Parivar
President Ram Nath Kovind has launched Veer Parivar App for families of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel killed in the line of duty. It was launched on the occasion of the CRPF's 'Valour Day'.The day is observed by the force every year as a remembrance of the gallant fight back by a small contingent of the 2nd Battalion of CRPF against an attack by a Pakistani Brigade at the Sardar post in Gujarat.