Current Affairs October 8 & 9, 2017
1. GST council constitutes GoM to review GST Composition Scheme:
- HimantaBiswa, the Finance Minister of Assam will head a Group of Ministers (GoM) constituted by the GST Council to make the composition scheme more attractive and review the GST tax rates on restaurants.
- The composition scheme is an alternative method to levy tax designed for small taxpayers whose turnover is up to Rs. 75 Lakh. Its objective is to bring simplicity and reduce the compliance cost for the small taxpayers.
2. PM lays foundation stone for Bhadbhut Barrage:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi has laid the foundation stone for Bhadbhut Barrage to be constructed over Narmada river in Bharuch, Gujarat.
- He also flagged off the Antyodaya Express between Udhna in Surat and Jaynagar in Bihar.
3. Indian Air Force celebrates 85th Anniversary:
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has celebrated its 85th anniversary on 8th October 2017.
- The celebrations turned out to be memorable by number of stellar shows performed by the IAF aircrafts at the Hindon Air Force Station in Ghaziabad.
4. Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project Jeevamritham launched in Kerala:
- President Ram NathKovind has launched Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project ”Jeevamritham” in Kollam, Kerala.
- The project has been launched to filtration system for providing clean drinking water to 5000 villages across India.
5. Haj Committee submits its report:
- The committee on Haj policy, Constituted by the Ministry of Minority Affairs after the Supreme Court’s directions has submitted its report.
- It has recommended to phase out the subsidy for Haj pilgrims and allowing the women devotees above 45 years of age to travel in a group of at least four without a male companion.
- The committee was headed by the former secretary Afzal Amanullah.
6. Hurricane Nate in USA:
- Hurricane Nate has made landfall near the mouth of Mississippi river in Louisiana, United States of America. A state of emergency has been declared in four southern US states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
7. Government launches Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme- Series III:
- The Union Government in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Sovereign Gold Bond 2017-18, series III.
- These bonds will be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporations of India Limited, designated post offices and recognized stock exchanges like National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
|CLICK HERE TO READ 7 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
CRACK IBPS PO 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!