Current Affairs October 6, 2017
1. Government launches ParyatanParv to promote tourism:
- In order to showcase the cultural diversity of India and emphasize on the principle of ‘Tourism for All’ the Union Ministry of Tourism has launched a nationwide ParyatanParv campaign.
- It was inaugurated at the Humayun’s Tomb and will be held across the country from 5th to 25th October 2017. During this time, ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project will launched by the Ministry will be implemented on key sites.
2. India signs agreement with European Investment Bank for Bangalore Metro Phase II:
- Union Government has signed an agreement of 300 million euros with European Investment Bank (EIB)for Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II.
- The project will be jointly financed by EIB and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- The Project aims to ensure modern transport facility for the commuters.
3. Kazuo Ishiguro selected for 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature:
- Japanese born English novelist Kazuo Ishiguro has been selected by the Swedish academy for the 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- He has been selected for the award because of his works that carries great emotional force.
- Some of his best known works include Never Let Me Go and The Remains of the Day.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 5 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons selected for Nobel Peace Prize 2017:
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) has been selected by the Norwegian Nobel Committee for the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize.
- ICAN has been selected for the award because of its prolonged campaign against atomic bomb and to organize worldwide campaigns spreading awareness against the catastrophic consequences of using nuclear weapons.
5. India, Ethiopia sign agreements on trade, communication:
- India and Ethiopia have signed agreements on trade, communication and media to boost bilateral ties.
- The agreements were signed during President Ram NathKovind’s visit to Ethiopia.
6. Embryo Transfer Program:
- Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries has launched Mass Embryo Transfer Program in indigenous breeds under the National Mission on Bovine Productivity Scheme.
- The program has been launched with an aim to develop and conserve indigenous breeds under the RashtriyaGokul Mission using Embryo Transfer Technology (EET).
7. First ASEAN-India Music Festival Begins in New Delhi:
- The first ever ASEAN-India Music Festival has been organizedby Ministry of External Affairs and Culture Ministry at PuranaQuila in New Delhi.
- The 3 days festival has been organized to celebrate the 25th anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue Relations.
- The theme for this commemorative year is- ‘Shared Values, Common Destiny’.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 5 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
Join IBPS Clerk Live Class
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS clerk , IBT has launched Special batches for clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!